engine overheat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxy

just took my fg baja out 4 run today the primer bowl was empty when the engine was running is the engine running too hot????????????????:mad:

i had this on my oddie 23 a while back bubble was emptying out after hard use like it was boiling the petrol,,,,i put it down to using a alloy inlet manifold but i don't know how i sorted it out it seemed to stop on its own,,,,,there is a gauze filter in the bottom of the carb that can get bunged up with crap wagon has had this on his mcd it does cause problems so worth a check just undo the big screw on base of carb just make sure its all clean

yep will give the carb a good clean when i got home cleand grass off primed the engine started up first pull bowl 3/4 FULL NOT RAN IT ON FIELD YET TIME WILL TELL

Oviousley you have the fuel lines on right then? Only reason I said is because I have seen people that have fitted them back on but the Wong way round, the engine still runs but the primer bulb won't fill up.

Brad.

when the engine was hot the bowl would not fill the engine still ran when i got home the bowl filled 3/4 ran no prob the engine wos covertd in dry grass ?

General rule of thumb (after a good blast), bubble empty - too lean, bubble full - too rich, bubble halfway - just right. This is one of the first things Ian Oddie taught me 10 years ago when I first started racing. There are other issues to take into consideration to ofcourse.

General rule of thumb (after a good blast), bubble empty - too lean, bubble full - too rich, bubble halfway - just right. This is one of the first things Ian Oddie taught me 10 years ago when I first started racing. There are other issues to take into consideration to ofcourse.

I never knew that! thanks for that tip mike.

Sounds like a crap way of telling how your engine is tuned....IMO

Brad.

It is very basic and as Mike says it's only one of several indicators, to give a basic idea of how the engine's running.

Obviously, there's also;
Exhaust - smokey or not.
Response - fast, delayed, bogs, ...

Plug colour .... this is the main one people go for.

Not much mention is actually made of engine temperatures on the Large Scale Forum cf the nitro and electric forums I visit from time to time.

Al.

yeah come on guys shake and make it up wait for assad to come back and take it out on him he loves it

btcc was rocking today i was lovin platos rant and the matt neal move legend or bellend

Are you 2 finally going to shake hands? !!

You're both obviously highly experienced and it pains me a tad to see you having a go at each other!!

Having said that, BTCC was a bit OTT today !!!

Al.

Makes me laugh mate, and so did BTCC today but I missed the last race.:(

I was there.
I own a Civic - diesel, but so what - and was made up to see Hondas 1-2 on race 2 BTCC (round 11?) coming up to the final 2 corners, then the after-finish parade lap they weren't there!!

Plato!!
People call Lewis for his rants occasionally - perhaps fairly - but Plato's obviously spat the dummy out of his pram!!
I reckon it's his game to get Chevy to install turbo engines in their cars.

I couldn't for the life of me understand the different engine sounds.
Chevy's were loud and revving, BMW's quieter and less obvious, down to the Hondas which were relatively silent, possibly concurring with Matt Neal's own rant about being told to run less boost than other turbo engines ....

Good fun - great day out.
Left during the Porsche race and caught up this evening with the Sky recording.
Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks