engine problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CALIC

Hi guys, as u might know from my previous thread i had finally got my engine to work after i upgraded the head to onills. i run it in for 1 full tank and it was working well. :clap:

Then yesday i took it again to run another tank. At first it was running good then after about 5 min the engine stated to make a funny sound. Then stright away i lost power. The engine rev but the buggy wont move. i also notice that the exhaust spitting.

The only thing i did to the buggy is befor the second tank is i add a pullstart cover- am sure thats has got nothing to do with the engine?

Any help will me great.

Thanks

my fg did the same thing it sheard the diff in half looked good from the out side and worked when i lifted the rear up but once i had he diff aaprt it was no good

also exhaust leaks are no good the engine can loose power and also can suck in dirt and dust from the exhaust side

I 4got 2 say... will the 2 speed gear box effect the clutch? as i recently changed to 2 speed? and where can i find clutch for my baja as i cant find the same 1 i have on the baja...

Thanks

i didnt take it apart yet as i don't know what am going to look at... but the car was working fine before the 2speed and after the 2speed bin installed i run it for about an 30min and it was fine but then the day after jus didnt work well....

can you please tell me any tips on how to figure out that the problem is with the clutch?

Would have to take it apart to have a look mate?

Pull it apart and post some pics up if you can't figure it out.

Its probley something lose or the spring, really couln't say till you get it apart...

Process of elimination.
1. Check the layshaft gear and make sure setscrews are tight. spin that gear to see if wheels move. if all is tight, and works, it eliminates dif and wheel square problems and you can proceed.

2. Take off wheels and check the setscrews in the wheel squares

3. Hold the dif gear and spin one wheel. the other wheel should spin the opposite direction. spin both ways and you will feel if something has let go in the dif. saves removing it if you don't need. you'll know if something has let go inside

4. Check the pinion. it slides on the shaft and can strip the center. or if metal, check the setscrew

5. Pull the 2 speed off and check the part underneat the gears that connects the gears to the layshaft. depending on the kind you use, it could have a looses setscrew or the stocker has been stripped.

6. Pull the clutchbell off and see if it has and clutch material left on the outside. not much can go wrong in the clutch to eliminate drivetrain. more often it will lock things up if a spring lets go and not disengage, so clutch is least likely problem

As a note...broken clutch spring will do the same thing....engine will rev up..car won't move
I have broken 3 of them this last year.....that's the first place I check..then all the grub screws.......Slawhammer

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks