Engine Setup, modifications and advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drbelleville

I want to see what everyone is running, lets list all components, i.e. Carb, pipe, filter, plug, engine, etc. And see if we get similar results, who's is running similar setups, what works low-end, high-end. Lets discuss what works and kinda set a baseline, that beginners, newbies and people tight on money can strive towards.

Maybe post your platform, what engine, and go from there

currently i have an ESP full mod 27.2 in my baja with DDM Rear Dom.
i can say if/when i install my TGN Race pipe. i ll have a completly different powerplant, even though i ll still have the ESP 27.2 installed. i think its got the stock WT-603 carb on it.

a pipe change will make a huge performance change, so some of this has to be taken with a grain of salt.

that is to say that if you have an ESP full mod 30.5 and have a JPv3 installed on it and say its a killer rpm motor, but the low end sucks, well its the pipe making the low end suck and the top rpms great. put a TGN on that motor and you have better built the drivetrain very well or you ll be ripping it up.

I run a modified Zenoah in my FG marder. it´s set up with.

27,2 REED sylinder kit with stuffed stroker crank. from O´Neill bros
walbro wt668
RN tuning pipe.
X-trem air filter.
NGK cmr 7 h spark plugg.
the crank case is match ported to det sylinder.
i run a lightened fly wheel.
i run the stock clutch assy. with no modifications what so ever.

it hits hard an runs fast.
it has a god amount of torque but at the same time its a screamer.
it tops at about 20000 RPM.

for me this is the perfekt combination. loads of Power and a good amout of torque. its not at cheap power plant but i works and think its worth all the money. the total price is about 5000 Norvegian kroner for the motor combination.
everything i purchased at this web shop in Norway.
www.rc-racing.no

links to the produkts.
RN tuning pipe. this is the absolut best pipe on the market.
http://www.proximedia.com/local/Net...bshop.asp?cat=25479&scat=97425&product=182779

i hav e tried with a Walbro WT 813 carb but the engien rund nuch betetr whit the WT 668. i has a much crisper throtel respons whit te wt668.

motor parts from O´neill bros
http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rccar/itemdescription/zenoah_27cc_rp_kit.htm

the carb. i have removed the choke assy. the wt771 is the sane carb but whitout the choke assy from the factory.
http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rccar/itemdescription/wt668.htm

HPI Baja 5B I run a GP 290 big bore stock stroke ported opened up carb, head is squeezed .030" cylinder is ported the exhaust timing is raised to 180 and opened up to 225 mm square.The piston has been skirt cut and lightened, along with the best compromise on the crank rod balance. I run a iridium plug and only use amsoil with 100 LL aviation fuel. The pipe is a jetpro. clutch is stock flywheel is stock.
My XRC I run a 23 cc 5B pull off motor with as many as the labor only mods from above the pipe on it is custom made stainless steel CAD designed and flowed to the best compromise in the space of the frame. Again only Amsoil with 100LL av gas
XTM Grizzly is in progress with custom CAD design ss pipe, going to try a stroke stuffed crank and red clutch spring in it.
My sprint cars run stock RC 230 zenoahs per qsac rules.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks