Engine won’t start! HELP!! Rovan 5sc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check your getting fuel check your pulse on the carb put a little bit of fuel directly into the cylinder disconnect the killswitch try a new plug

Did anyone figure this out I’m having the same issue been through 3 new carbs 2 engines one being a rovan 26cc engine and stopped working so put a cy30cc engine on with only 5 tanks through it and can’t get mine to start all gaskets are fine and did everything this hit has done it’s got me stumped spent about a week trying to resolve this now with the virus about can’t get to shop to fix it it’s driving me nuts haha

Did anyone figure this out I’m having the same issue been through 3 new carbs 2 engines one being a rovan 26cc engine and stopped working so put a cy30cc engine on with only 5 tanks through it and can’t get mine to start all gaskets are fine and did everything this hit has done it’s got me stumped spent about a week trying to resolve this now with the virus about can’t get to shop to fix it it’s driving me nuts haha
What rig is it? How old is it? And what motor ?‍♂️

What doug should have said was: specifically what all have you checked out? What oil/ mix ratio are you running? What'd the carby high and low needles set at? Have you checked compression/ hows it feel when you pull it over? Has the feel changed when it pulled over? Does it have spark? Do you have a kill switch if no spark? Any weird noises when it last ran? Did you oil the air filter before it wouldnt start?
Now when he answers we can have an intelligent conversation and try to point him to things he may have over looked or missed.

Don’t mess with needles at this point, it’s new. As long as you have spark it could be flooded and not drip fuel out the plug hole:)
Carb allows air to mix with gas and spark right, remove carb and simply let it set aside allowing air to go straight into engine intake. Raise car up off ground so you don’t have a run away....pull starter as necessary it’ll take just 1 time prob. The fuel and fumes that remain inside the cylinder will burn off with direct air coming in. After all fuel and fumes burns off itlll die, then check out and replace those gaskets. Do not over tighten those gaskets down. You don’t want to crack the gaskets... reinstall carb with new gaskets if damaged and it’ll new again... that’s how to unflood any 1/5 scale:)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks