Engines and cluches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike1970

I was wondering (just bored at work thats all) Aside from FG do all the Hpi, MDC,Redcat and alike come with the same type of engine and the clutch or copies of each other. Is the fuelieeeee engine a copy of the zenoha and CY?

Klip from : http://www.emjayltd.com/importexport/chung-yang-products/chung-yang-vs-zenoah/

Zenoah is a Japanese Company, but their engines are not neccessarily made in Japan. They are made in more than one country in Asia, most likely, not Japan. Just like Japanese Cars, and components. Many cars made in USA, and components all over the world. With the Japanese names, everyone thinks they are made in Japan….not so.
Chung Yang is a Taiwanese company. The Chung Yang RC and Scooter engines, at this time are all made under one roof in Taiwan. :)

Last edited:
I was wondering (just bored at work thats all) Aside from FG do all the Hpi, MDC,Redcat and alike come with the same type of engine and the clutch or copies of each other. Is the fuelieeeee engine a copy of the zenoha and CY?

What do you do for work Mike, anything interesting?

What do you do for work Mike, anything interesting?

Sadly not, I work for a machine hire company repairing anything from a drill to a mini digger. The work itself (when I'm left to get on with it) is great as I'm a tinkerer but the firm and some of the staff .......

This was posted on another forum by Vertigo Performance.
"Word I got from the US Sales rep for Zen is CY is a clone yet technically not.. The designer of the Zen moved over to China and made the engine under the CY name.. So the debate should be who really owns the rights to the design (IMHO)

HPI buy a CY engine from CY and re-badge them with the Fuelie name. Marketing wise it is great because some stores will only carry Fuelie parts."

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks