ESP G340 vs OBR G340 reed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooper04

Hey guys, I’m planning on buying a Bartolone pipe for my 5ive t 2.0 and wanted a good engine to go along with it. So id like to ask what y’all’s opinion is on esp vs obr, so far my current obr 340 reed that I have in my Baja 5b is an absolute beast and I’m mainly leaning towards buying another obr reed in longblock form since I know they’re absolutely fantastic, but I’m wondering how a g340 cylinder port kit from esp matches up for the price. I know it might not be that fair of a comparison when you’re comparing a normal engine to a reedcase but I’d still like to hear what you think

Hey guys, I’m planning on buying a Bartolone pipe for my 5ive t 2.0 and wanted a good engine to go along with it. So id like to ask what y’all’s opinion is on esp vs obr, so far my current obr 340 reed that I have in my Baja 5b is an absolute beast and I’m mainly leaning towards buying another obr reed in longblock form since I know they’re absolutely fantastic, but I’m wondering how a g340 cylinder port kit from esp matches up for the price. I know it might not be that fair of a comparison when you’re comparing a normal engine to a reedcase but I’d still like to hear what you think
Esp rates theirs at 6.6hp, obrs is 9.4 ?‍♂️ weather obrs numbers are optimistic or not, Im still willing to bet the obr puts out more power then the esp?‍♂️ my opinion of course. plus the obr is shiny ??

Esp rates theirs at 6.6hp, obrs is 9.4 ?‍♂️ weather obrs numbers are optimistic or not, Im still willing to bet the obr puts out more power then the esp?‍♂️ my opinion of course. plus the obr is shiny ??
Yeah the billet case on the obr is awesome looking, I’m not sure about the 9.4 hp claim either but even if it’s untrue it stills is an absolute powerhouse irregardless
Oooh boy shits about to get spicy ??
Lol I hope I don’t start a war on the forum because I’ve seen OBRs horsepower numbers cause fights on other forums already. I just wanted some peoples ideas though

you can take a billet piston port case and throw a esp top end on it and be shredding...the billet case accepts the 2mm stroker crank. From what i understand reed cases only make a difference on larger displacement engines.

esp recieved an obr reed engine from a customer to run it on his dyno. He said obr engine made less than a stock g320 with a pipe
Can't believe that. For one, where's his proof? Second, he's a salesman at the end of the dayy. And a guy who sells a product, of course he's going to try to sell his product. Not saying their (obr) Numbers are true, I have a hard time believing that bold claim, especially from a salesman. My "7.5hp" 30.5 was an absolute animal, idk what a "real" 7.5hp feels like but definitely doesn't feel like the 2-3hp I have felt with my last engine. Not being a peepee , just stating my opinion.

Honestly... were talking about hobby engines. I have a hard time believing there's an accurate dyno for these engines. But almost 10hp with a few grinds here and a few mods here idk...with a 2 stroke its getting it wound up fast and high revs.

Can't believe that. For one, where's his proof? Second, he's a salesman at the end of the dayy. And a guy who sells a product, of course he's going to try to sell his product. Not saying their Numbers are true, I have a hard time believing that bold claim, especially from a salesman. My "7.5hp" 30.5 was an absolute animal, idk what 7.5hp feels like but definitely doesn't feel like the 2-3hp I have felt with my last engine. Not being a peepee , just stating my opinion.
I agree, I would understand exaggerated horsepower maybe but with all the work done on an obr engine I feel like it’d be impossible for it to be less horsepower than a stock 320

Hey i only say what I was told... i don't make this stuff up because it doesn't help me sleep better at night....my poop runs and im happy with it. I don't buy into obr....also olimat had a post on his Facebook and he was p*ssed that obr copied his pipe design..so honestly im not about snake oil

I feel like I made a mistake starting this debate, I wasn’t intending on any negativity towards either company since I’ve owned esp headkits too and like both companies. I mainly just wanted some opinions since I’m a horrible decision maker and always feel like I made the wrong choice when I buy something this expensive without any advice on it

My last outing i was racing my mates car had a zen 32 v1 dom pipe and his was stock
My SX5 with a load of billet upgrades big cage ect 34 reed with a olimat was only a bit faster? think if I had more traction I'd been faster still but ......also not convinced about 9.4?‍♂️
I think wieght is the big factor there. You rig is all aluminum and probably extremely heavy.

N
Hey i only say what I was told... i don't make this stuff up because it doesn't help me sleep better at night....my poop runs and im happy with it. I don't buy into obr....also olimat had a post on his Facebook and he was p*ssed that obr copied his pipe design..so honestly im not about snake oil
? Not attacking you ? just saying my opinion about Doug's claims
@Cooper04 you are fine lol
+1 ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks