Exceed Hannibal brake linkage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nekkidsoles

I have a new exceed Hannibal 1/5 gas powered truck. The brakes stopped working. I noticed the linkage moves but there is a piece missing. I am not sure what the missing piece is. Can you look at the attached image and let me know what is missing?

Attachments

• 1573584E-84E4-4FB2-897C-5323DA1F022A.jpeg
    1573584E-84E4-4FB2-897C-5323DA1F022A.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 20
There is a brake rod it looks like a long P and the grub screw that locks it in place is gone
And some rubber tubing. Pic of my losi brakes
They all work the same way

Attachments

• 20210303_161711.jpg
    20210303_161711.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 12
Use a piece of metal coat hanger and make a small loop in the end of it as its the same diameter as the brake linkage and find a set screw at your local hobby shop or if a home depot is closer that will work too

Thanks all for the replies. I am completely new to this hobby. I happened upon the USTE event in Williston, FL and decided I needed a gas powered truck for my 11 acre property. I have the spare parts document in front of me , but have no idea what piece I am looking for on it. I will try the metal coat hanger until I can figure out the proper replacement part.
Thanks again all!!

Update: I bought the brake cam lever and installed it, still no brakes. I found a redcat rampage to look at and it had a spring I didn’t have. I installed the spring in the same fashion, but still no brakes. The shaft that the p shaped rod goes into seems to move freely, ie it has no spring back from either position.
something is just not right with my brake system. Any suggestions are welcome. TIA

Thanks for the quick reply. I really hate to be clueless about this, but ... how do I do that? It’s midnight now so I can’t try and figure it out yet, but 5hanks for the offered assistance.

Lol no problem. So if it has a close resemblance to the redcat this video should help you better than I can explain as I haven't had to adjust mine but I do remember seeing it didn't look too fun to do.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks