Exhaust leak

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamblaze

Hi there i have a 1/5 scale and my exhaust is leaking oil quite bad it has a silicone joint on it i was just wondering if it is the gasket or the exhaust it is not the silicone joint I have checked it is starting to really anoying because I have to wipe it up after every 20 mins . THANKS

Adam blaze :)

I had a similar problem with my KM buggy when I got it Adam, the gaskets they used on the X-Port were like pieces of wax paper, didnt do a very good job. It would help a little if we knew what vehicle/exhaust you were working with.

When I ordered some parts on Black Friday I got this one, it is a graphite gasket, I no longer have ANY leakage problems.The nice thing about a graphite gasket is that its going to conform to irregularities in your manifold's mating surface.
http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.7227/.f

Last edited:
Hi there i have a 1/5 scale and my exhaust is leaking oil quite bad it has a silicone joint on it i was just wondering if it is the gasket or the exhaust it is not the silicone joint I have checked it is starting to really anoying because I have to wipe it up after every 20 mins . THANKS

Adam blaze :)

Pics would be nice

Pics would be nice

its hard to see from the pics were its leaking but its prob, the gasket blowing the exhaust bolts might have came loose ,have you checked them?

I still cant see lol if its leaking at the header pipe remove all traces of the old gasket, throw a new gasket on as pablo suggested, snug the header bolts up not to tight because you'll strip the threads don't forget to use a small amount of red loctite on the threads

Troy

yamabuggy049.jpg
yamabuggy047.jpg

Thanks I have taken my engine out and looked at the exhaust I think it is the gasket so I am going to purchase a new one if that don't work I am going to get a new pipe thanks for your help as I am new to the 1:5 scale rc I am used to nitro any way many thanks .

Thanks I have taken my engine out and looked at the exhaust I think it is the gasket so I am going to purchase a new one if that don't work I am going to get a new pipe thanks for your help as I am new to the 1:5 scale rc I am used to nitro any way many thanks .

the exhaust its self should be fine i use a little bit of rtv sealer on my exhaust gasket it seals it well, you can buy it at most motor factors the stuff i use is called arbo grey high temp rtv sealer. you,ll find owning a 5th scale alot better than owning a nitro is your buggy fitted with a failsafe or kill switch?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks