F1 Popularity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

espresso

Is the popularity of the F1 in the states much less than that in Europe? It seems like in Europe they have organized 1/5 scale on-road races with very nice tracks. Can't say I've seen the same in the states.

Is the popularity of the F1 in the states much less than that in Europe? It seems like in Europe they have organized 1/5 scale on-road races with very nice tracks. Can't say I've seen the same in the states.

F1 is not so popular in the states, even in the upcoming 2014 On-Road 5th scale challenge @ GLARCC in Los Angeles, CA there are only 5 F1's registered to racer compared to the 25+ touring car class.

Unfortunately this is true.... its not as popular here in the US.
I have a FG F1 COMP that I've had for 2 years now, a little over actually. I have yet to race her!!
There are a number of on-road tracks which can easily accommodate 1/5th scale but their popularity tends to be on the East and West coast's.
Sad really cause I'd love to really get into 1/5th F1
Here in Iowa there's nothing and along way from the coast's.

Regards
BM

How about posting some pics of your F1? Sadly I'm selling mine but if it doesn't sell, I'm seriously considering an electric conversion. I've never come across an FG F1 Comp electric in all my searches. I've only seen the FG RTR F1 electric conversion kit and the RS5 F1 in electric.

image_zpsd77fc11f.gif

image_zpsb7627926.gif

I think with the increasing popularity of full scale F1 here in the States. I would say the RC world, at 1/5th scale is ready for an update to more closely resemble the newer full scale cars.

The models being offered, even the Genesis F1 car, though relatively new still poses the silhouette of an older version of F1.

I would think, to reflect the growing interest here in the States, which is starting to show the interest seen in the rest of the world for F1 racing, the model company's should update the cars. This I am sure would then spur on a growing number to buy and run 1/5th scale F1 cars here in the U.S.

I can only hope new cars are on the horizon as I would love to see their popularity grow and to run and race in 1/5th Scale F1 events.

Regards
BM

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks