F1 + Touring Hybrid?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soulstice

I don't have any 1/5 at the moment but am currently interested in picking up a FG Sportline or an FG F1.

I like how the chassis of the F1 looks but I like the full fairing bodies of the touring.

1. What's the differences in wheelbases and width on these two vehicles?
2. Are Touring and F1 wheels interchangeable?
3. Would it be possible to mount a touring body onto an F1 chassis if I modified the length of the main chassis? What else would need to be modified?

If any of you have both your input would be greatly appreciated.

wheels are interchangeable. i had a Berg with F1 rims/tires. works and fit and look right.

i would say the F1s are longer than the sedans by a fair bit, so i doubt a sedan body would fit, but im only guessing. i don't have a sedan body here to check but i do have a Berg F1 body. its big enough to fit on my baja, which is bigger (longer) than the sedans.

if i get another onroad car, it ll be an F1.

found some specs, apparently the f1 cars are a 620mm wheelbase and 440mm wide, so a lot larger than a touring car. its not easy to shorten the chassis as the motor is a lot farther forward than a touring car and they are already very packed up front. also keep in mind that an f1 is far more fragile with the suspension design it has.

F1 isnt fragile, even for racing, I still use plastic ball joints instead alloy ones, 1st reason is weight, 2nd if you crash you only need to change cheap plastic ball joints, but on TC allor arms are quite expencive...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks