Fabsil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldnt sleep last night & amongst other things thought about spraying my rc shell with the Fabsil waterproofing spray we have for the awning fabric. Its silicone based so my theory is that it will repel water and crap in a kind of Rainex type of way (also have Rainex!). Prob wont work but what do you reckon?

http://www.outdoormegastore.co.uk/f...r-250ml.html?gclid=CKix9rL0grACFUdItAod-RVWiw

I would be VERY careful to read the ingredients. Make sure there are no petroleum products that could damage the shell. I am assuming your are thinking of putting this on the outside of the shell so as to protect from water and grime. You should not have to protect from water. The lexan shell is already waterproof. I would be more interested in the possible usage on the electronics. Waterproofing the electrics would be great, but need to avoid trapping heat. I would proceed with extreme caution. Just my 2 cents worth.:cool:

I would just use rain-x as it was formulated originally for motorbike visors so should be good on the body shell. also I know it will leave no residue...

Or you can just spray a bit and test it...see how it goes....

Why? wouldn't it be like water proofing your kitchen worktop?

We all know that servos and radio boxed are about as water proof as a loaf of bread, that where the concern should be. I always put sealant round all the joinst and grommets then give it a good squirt of silicone spray or wd40.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks