FG 48t Steel spur?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tizdaz

hi guys, been lookin for a 48t steel spur for my MB, where cheapest place in UK ^^ ?

Theres one on ebay for £22 but its from turkey with free delivery so no idea how long delivery is & after ive stripped down my MB my ive noticed my stock spur gear is showing signs of wear so gunna get a steel one.

ta ;)

Check out your options BEFORE buying.
Some shafts have the flats opposite each other, and there's one manufacturer on Fleabay selling spurs and pinions cut the same.
Advantage? Kin HUGE mate - will NOT slip on the shaft. Much less :hammer::hammer:
Forget which one it is, but look out for it.
Replace your pinion first, then look at the spur. Some just replace the pinion and even leave the spur. My MT came with a plastic spur - I changed both - but to be honest, it was fine.
Al.

cheers lads, about to order that one now ^^ ...dunno how i didnt see that one, looked all over ebay! lol

Ive already got a sttel pinion, had it since day 1 but kept my spur stock plastic which has held out for 2 years! ...but now its time for a tougher spur :)

ty again fellas ;)

edit! lol

...oki i already have a steel pinion, if i got the above spur (alloy) from herbie than id have to replace my spur with an alloy one, as the mesh between alloy & steel can cause probs... prob leading to the alloy one being worn in no time :( ?

i had a look but it seems he don't do a seperate steel spur for FG? ...i have an alloy carrier so need one to fit onto that, any ideas :) ?

Daz

Last edited:
Daz,
Click on the earlier link to the alloy spurs, or even just open Ebay.co.uk and search 'FG gears'.
Herbie seems to do steel gear sets, but simply 'contact seller' and see what he says - I'm sure he'll help you out, by the sound of it.
Al.

cheers guys ;)

in work atm using pc sneakily!

i found a plastic spur brand new on ebay las night for 5 quid (couldnt resist the bargain.. usualy a tenner! lol), so just ordered that one for now as i need one, my old one lasted 2 years so not too bad, next time tho will order a steel one.

thanks again chaps! :)

Back