FG Brake Disc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sperera

Hi all,

As some of you may be aware I have very recently purcahse a FG MT with beetle body.

Anyway I haven't run it yet, haven't installed the servo's. Anyway my question is I noticed that the brake disc very light rubs on the clutch housing, or what I think is the clutch housing.

Do you think this is going to be a problem?

I don't think is should be a problem!! is the plastic or metal of the housing really worn?

You may need a shim or just to adjust the square block.

Do you have any pics?

Chris

I don't think is should be a problem!! is the plastic or metal of the housing really worn?

You may need a shim or just to adjust the square block.

Do you have any pics?

Chris

No pics of it sorry. Its quite a large disc so nut sure if its upgraded.

Nothing is worn, its brand new, never been run. Its only brushing it very slightly.

What im concerned about is if I hit the brakes and bring it do a stop it may try and stop the clutch cover and stall the engine, prolly destroy the disc in the process.

Ill try and get a video of it uploaded later this week and show you all. Hopefully this is normal or not going to be an issue.

FG MT 4x4

question....the FG MT 4x4 rtr...noticed the one i got has a metal disc on the lay shaft,not the fibre one you find on the 2wd version.my buddy bought the baja 4x4 version yet this has the fibre lay shaft brak.does any one know if the new 4x4 MT has been given an upgrade to the rear lay shaft brake or i am just luck i got this set up.thanks.

There is a 4wd version in his that is mostly plastic. Is that the one he got? That will not have the metal tuning brake on it.

I take it yours is the Comp 4wd - All alloy? That will have the tuning brake.

His is cheaper. :D

FG MT 4wd plastic version not comp version,

There is a 4wd version in his that is mostly plastic. Is that the one he got? That will not have the metal tuning brake on it.

I take it yours is the Comp 4wd - All alloy? That will have the tuning brake.

His is cheaper. :D
Hi thanks for your reply...don't we all wish we had the comp 4wd version of the MT......both myself and my mate have the plastic versions he the "baja" and me the "MT" he has the stock fibre disc set up on his lay shaft,however on my one i have a metal disc with the standard brake cailpers on the lay shaft.
i did buy my 4wd MT rtr with hobbythek germany as part of their december special offers,however i do not think they would have put the metal disc on mine because it was me,i am wondering if FG have done an up grade for their MT 4wd as the stock fibre disc does not last vey long and we must take into account that the 4wd now weighs a bit more with the extra final drive units,has any one else encountered this upgade ? on their FG MT 4wd artr(almost ready to run) or rtr(ready to run) plastic version.:oops:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks