Fg Comp Mt Or Mcd4x4 Mt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dc2 man

Reading the Rules!
ok lads i curently have an fg beetle,love them they are great machines but i need some advice because i am thinking of buying a monster truck,now i am considering either the fg competition monstertruck 4x4,or the evo 111 monster mcd 4x4.
so what are ye opinions on this then.

which would you buy?

which over all is a better quality product?

i am debating in my own head now about either,the mcd looks complex compared to fgs proven basis design,granted the new fgs have belt drive and front diff but i think that shouldnt change much in mechanical terms as in repairing and stripping.
let me know what ye think,cheers:cool2:

I like FGs, so I would go the FG rout.
OK the FG you already now so maintenance will be easer, and some parts will be compatible.
The MCD on the other hand is new to you so it is a new experience.

mcd monster is a much better car in my opinion it is always evolving all the time there is a great parts back up and the new evo 3 cars are very reliable, plus i don't like the idea of belt drive

I have heard of no one having any issues with the belt, think cam belt in a car and you'll get an idea of the durability of belts!
MCD are evolving all the time cos their first attempts were very expensive and not very good. They haveimproved some but the FG would be my choice between the 2, all alloy and far superior build quality...however if you just want a tough basher how about a titan or the redcat rampage (best value 4x4 on the market).
the rampage is a clone hybrid of the mcd and titan is 1/2 price of mcd and needs very little to make it very tough (i just bought one now my fgbaja is just about finished).
Also redcat listen to their customers and give them what they need.

cool mooman sound and good advise if i may add!
i think im going to go with the fg comp,lot of money but i think in the long run a factory fitted comp alloy fg mt is going to be extremly tough i think,will pay off in the long run.im getting the new spectrum radio aswell quite expensive rut its better to buy quality first hand(money going to go anyway upgrading)

just said id run my beetle today and couldnt belive it when it snapped the clutch bell,im just after putting it all back together,i bend it taken it off ages ago slightly and think i weekend it a bit, any body recon this could be welded??

belt drive is great in a real car as its protected by a cover and doesn't get sand stones and dirt on it which weakens the belt dramatically, anyways you chose the fg so good luck hope you have lots of fun with it i know i would.

WOW thats a great question.I have the Lauterbacher 4x4 witch is belt and Mcd's that are drive shaft.Those mcd's take a good beating.I have one that I run like a 1/8 scale buggy and it doesent quit!!! I have a bunch of FG'S to and I love them.I don't think you can go wrong either way but MCD'S are way easy to work on!!!!

This is my view on belts... Harley Davidson's runs belts for the drives. My 02 ultra classic had one and it never slipped or jumped a tooth. It was also in the open for all road debri to collect on it.

I'm saving up for the FG. Most of the upgrades are already done.

i think what 80 percent of you guys are more or less telling me so on this thread is to get the fg mt comp belt 4x4. i was thinking the same.
i personally think that a good test for any veichle is in standard trim(plastic) and to be honest when i bought my beetle fg from modelsport it came standard,and i would like to point out i got about 3hours out of it before it started to fall apart,first of all differential wheel started to seperate from the case(common fault) second,wishbones started pulling apart,third (with all them replaced alloy) layshaft pinion would not stop slipping,got it welded,so when i take apart(if i have to) just take out engine and grand,fourth,spur gear and engine mounts,then fifth had all everything that was already giving troule sorted AND PUT BACK TOGETHER FOR 100TH TIME lol the diff mounts gave up,now im talking of max 4 hours run time,that brings me to now,all alloy front,rear,diff,gears steel,and my spur is still slipping.......lol
MY POINT BEING,THESE CARS IN MY OPINION SHOULD JUST COME ALLOY,otherwise they are just a pile of ####

thats not bad though anytime i retighten lasts hours before slipps,weekpoint needed too..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks