FG Diff Grease?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tizdaz

also, if i was to use that grease, to save taken all my diff apart could i just take the output drive yolks out & pour it in to the hole?

I packed mine full of Comma LM3 grease from Halfords. Iwent for Castrol but they didnt have any in at the time but this does the job fine. Its £6 for a 500g tub (Castrol £6.50) so will last forever! Packing it full has the effect of a locked diff and also ensures your gears are fully covered at all times. Only a little grease in the diff could be flung to the outside casing under rotation and increase wear so I went for the safe option! Also, run a small bead of silicone sealant round the casing on re-assembly to stop the grease leaking out.

You could take out the drive cups and 'inject' it in through there with a wide nozzle syringe or grease gun. Make sure you rotate the diff as you are going to ensure full coverage and work the grease in between the gears or the diff will 'seem' full before it actually is ;)

ram it in bruv you cant go far wrong i done mine like that,then read somewhere you only need to coat the gears on mine as its a four plate locking one and not to get it on the brake plates or the self locking function wont work nice

i used the castrol grease in the white tub, i did a crap job because it all came out over the next few weeks, the silicone sealing job was abit shoddy! my fault.I rushed because i did 3 of my buggys at the same time!

aye ive used grease before, cant remember what type it was (voo gave me some :D ) ...but it ended up pissing out all over the show, not from the diff sleeve but the output holes for the yolkes! :(

aye ive used grease before, cant remember what type it was (voo gave me some :D ) ...! :(

You didnt have your back to him so you couldnt see the brand of grease did you?? Did it start with KY......and Voo told you it was made by Kyosho :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'll always maintain that nothing works better on an off road car than an open/standard diff. Use LSD, four plate, viscous, mag diff etc on touring cars and they do what they're designed for but with off road there is little or no point.

If you do want to stiffen your standars diff a touch the you could use the standard contrast white diff grease, it sticks like poop to a blanket - I have tried all sortd of diffs in my cars over the years with all sorts of oils and greases. I always go back to bog standard diff and LM grease.

Save your money and buy some cake.

I'll always maintain that nothing works better on an off road car than an open/standard diff. Use LSD, four plate, viscous, mag diff etc on touring cars and they do what they're designed for but with off road there is little or no point.

If you do want to stiffen your standars diff a touch the you could use the standard contrast white diff grease, it sticks like poop to a blanket - I have tried all sortd of diffs in my cars over the years with all sorts of oils and greases. I always go back to bog standard diff and LM grease.

Save your money and buy some cake.

Great advice Mike.
It was the impression I was getting.
I've the viscous in my MT, and have progressively increased the viscosity, until silly levels, and of course with all of that power and torque, it spins up a treat, and I'm left wondering what I'm trying to achieve.

Would be nice to mirror the Monster Jam MT lsd slides on dirt, but ... all dirt is never the same and we don't have a 10T rig with 1,500+ BHP !!!

Al.

Great advice Mike.
It was the impression I was getting.
I've the viscous in my MT, and have progressively increased the viscosity, until silly levels, and of course with all of that power and torque, it spins up a treat, and I'm left wondering what I'm trying to achieve.

Would be nice to mirror the Monster Jam MT lsd slides on dirt, but ... all dirt is never the same and we don't have a 10T rig with 1,500+ BHP !!!

Al.

Wonder what the equivalent power to weight is?? Cue calculators!!

A 20kg rig with a 5hp engine would be 250hp/T :w00t:
Monster Jam MT's are playing at it with 'only' 150hp/T :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Wonder what the equivalent power to weight is?? Cue calculators!!

REALLY !!!!

If my MT weighs 18Kg, and the TS 28.5 2-bolt with 'tuned' pipe is chucking out - let's be modest - 4BHP, I have 4 / 0.018 bhp / t = 222.2.
If Grave Digger's 10T is powered by 1500BHP, we have 1500 / 10 = 150.0

Pretty close really, and many MJ trucks are claiming 2000+, possibly like the 1960's Italian power claims!!

Al.

REALLY !!!!

If my MT weighs 18Kg, and the TS 28.5 2-bolt with 'tuned' pipe is chucking out - let's be modest - 4BHP, I have 4 / 0.018 bhp / t = 222.2.
If Grave Digger's 10T is powered by 1500BHP, we have 1500 / 10 = 150.0

Pretty close really, and many MJ trucks are claiming 2000+, possibly like the 1960's Italian power claims!!

Al.

Happy days :w00t: and that is a very modest power estimate considering a stock zen 26cc is approx 3hp!!

Happy days :w00t: and that is a very modest power estimate considering a stock zen 26cc is approx 3hp!!

I know.
The TS does appear to be ballistic cf my Zen, which had had a lot of part-tanks of fuel through it, but I'll not say 'My TS 28.5 reed ported .... chucks out 11BHP', when it obviously doesn't.

It has got a nitrous inlet 'though ..... !!!!!!!!!

Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks