Fg leopard pipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garethw1986

Hi I have a fg leopard, it's a normal leopard not a competition one but I want to replace my exhaust, I'm looking at used samba pipes but are these the best for performance? Will a marder exhaust fit a leopard? Thanks

You'd be far better sticking what you've got BUT if you're going to get another pipe, the samba 3 short version for the leopard race is the best of the bunch.

Hope this helps.

Mike.

p.s Don't go for the Marder samba because it'll unbalance the car and you'll have to cut the body.

I'll be mounting in original position if possible, my car has a cheap non make chrome pipe in it and not original fg, so a marder pipe will unbalance car? Thanks

Get a photo of your current pipe, from what you say it might be the lauterbacher pipe - not a bad bit of kit.

Having a rear exit pipe isn't always the best way to go - I've tried most ways and pipes in the Leopard race and I've always gone back to the original one.

The new Leopard 2 competition has a rear exit pipe but because the the car is different in so many ways that the pipe does work - although for some tracks I use the side pipe.

I'll try and post pic up tomorrow mate, the pipe is fg size and shape in chrome with no markings, I'm fairly new to these cars so that's for your input mate

trebor did you have problems fitting your samba on your leopard/ ive just purchased one and mine bolts on but gets in way of body mounts,any ideas? my pipe looks just like your in every way

Thanks for reply mate, I got the pipe of eBay from Simon fg spares, he said it's a leopard fitment pipe, the can hangs a bit to low and fouls on the body mounts, I work in a body shop so me mate is goin to heat manifold and bend it to fit or cut the manifold and reweld, don't really want to cut and weld but will if I can't bend

Bend it without any worries amd it will be fine, away from the bodyshell. Be sure to clean that edge on manifold so you don't damage orings when you put the pipe back after.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks