FG marader beetle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

454chad

can i change this to a stadium truck i don't know much about FG i got this on a trade and it has a ton of after market stuff what can i do to change this funny body mounting tube thank's for any helpFG_zps2756f284.jpgFG2_zps2bc04ea0.jpg

Last edited:
i mean i want to change the body to a truck body are the chassis the same from this to a monster truck sorry for the messed up question's just new to the fg's:)

Hiya Bud, The FG cars come in various styles but a good chunk are all based on the original FG Marder and therefore a large amount of parts will inter change.
The beetle body you have with the under tray are still popular and in demand on evilbay. What you need to do is have a look on the hobbythek website for the stadium truck exploded diagram to list the part numbers you'll need to fit the ST truck body - it can be done and it's not rocket sience.

This is the section on their site you need to look at...

http://homepage.rc-car-online.de/en-teile,explosionszeichnungen.htm&id=305

and this is the pdf for the ST/MT and Street cars

http://homepage.rc-car-online.de/co...delle/fg/2wd_monster_stadium_street_multi.pdf

I changed one of my marders to a beetle and frigged the body mounts from what i had in my spares box. You could even make your own at home easy enough.

yeah i have been looking around and i found that the monster beetle setup is a easy way to get rid of the ugly undertray these beetle's have

Mine doesn't run with the undertray. Just take it off and add a side post to to roll cage. I will post a pic when i get my laptop on

You can see where the posts are for mounting the shell on here. I have 2 on top at the back, 1 mid-way on each side and a central post at the front. The back and sides are mounted off the roll cage where the round bosses are moulded into the plastic and the posts are just stock FG body mount posts. The undertray is supposed to keep the crap off your chassis - as you can see, running without one it becomes a grass box!!

DSC02217_zps6142c538.jpg

Newly built.......
DSC02197.jpg

38411[/ATTACH]"]GEDC0942_zpsc308c432.gif38413[/ATTACH]"]GEDC0955_zps7b0d047a.gif

Attachments

• GEDC0955_zps7b0d047a.gif
    GEDC0955_zps7b0d047a.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 0
  • GEDC0942_zpsc308c432.gif
    GEDC0942_zpsc308c432.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Wing looks good mate. I would think about changing the k&n filter to either a stock fg or stock hpi foam filter for off road use. Unless you are absolutely spot on with the k&n there is a higher risk or fine dust particles finding their way into the engine. I have one on 1 of mine but put an fg oiled foam prefilter over the top for extra protection and it has been fine.

Have you run the pipe yet? What do you think of it?

Last edited:
yes the airfilter is going i run the 5b setup on all my stuff they work great... as far as how the pipe work's im not sure i just got this one and can't run it yet it's winter here, lol but i was told it like to do wheelie's i will more than likely change the pipe to a ddm dominator before i run it

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks