FG marder hop ups

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ste77_2008

due to now keepin the marder gonna gradually hop it up. what would you all reccommend for this buggy. got 70-100 quid to start with the upgrading. what is the most important hops to do first. nothin is wrong with it and it runs just fine, but i like the idea of gettin a good pipe for it.

don't try and run before you can walk:lol::lol:

i think first you will need as a must have are alloy engine mounts;)

no use trying for more power when your engine will be moving about:w00t:

my marder is only slightly modded :rolleyes:but looks the part:)

K....

due to now keepin the marder gonna gradually hop it up. what would you all reccommend for this buggy. got 70-100 quid to start with the upgrading. what is the most important hops to do first. nothin is wrong with it and it runs just fine, but i like the idea of gettin a good pipe for it.

I've got every hop-up part that you will ever need for a Marder....EVERYTHING!
J.

Give us a bell on what you need.

Last edited:

my marder is only slightly modded :rolleyes:but looks the part:)

K....

Nah it looks shite Keith....you need some bling on it :lol::lol::lol::badair:

As Keith says you need to make sure it can handle the power. With more power you will also need better brakes. Not sure if you have front discs but cables are cheap enough or hydros if you are feeling flush!

You don't say what you have / haven't got but this is what I have done so far:
2.4ghz radio - £85 (a must IMO if you haven't got one already)
front cable brakes
KC balloon springs on back (on std shocks) - £10 pair
Front anti roll bar - £10 ish
X-can pipe
changed ally brace at back of engine to stainless steel

i am running a spekky DX3 s radio. i have 2 of the basic hitec servos the plastic one but do the job just fine. as brakes you could just say what brakes lol, but not bothered as there are other ways of stopping it. by power sliding lol, 2wd makes it easy to do as well. i am interested in the x can pipe the twin out let version

Personaly I would get an alloy radio tray (£8 to £20) as this improves the brakes, and possibly a stronger brake servo(£50) or front brakes (£50+). the faster you can stop, the faster you can go in teh first place.

If you are happy with the steering response then just keep the servo you have until it eventualy dies.

Definately geta kill switch (£25+) on it, no point upgrading it then loosing it in a runaway

the stock motor mounts are fine if you are not jumping and arn't making too much power from the engine, so there's potential to save upgrading thease for later. I've not done mine yet but it is on my wish list.

Some shock sox will save you time and money in the long run, and cost from £5 upwards (unless you make your own from some stretchy fabric or 1.75" cycle inner tube).

Additional air filter (outerwears or redkneck (£10)) Pull start cover (£5+) and crank case mods (£2) are a must to save time/money rebuilding the engine.

I got some alloy rear upper arms off ebay for £15, and they massively improve the fore/aft stiffness of the suspension, so i'd highly recommend them (stops the main gear getting munched by the suslension arms in a crash, and sharpens the handling)

I'm going to get some baloon springs for the rear of mine to improve the handling, which are about £10.

From my personal experience, there are reasonable pipes for £40 (see Nimrf models) which will give a good power increase. However I broke my cheapo pipe in a big crash and replaced it with a Jetpro (£120 ish), and can say that the Jetpro gives me twice the improvement that the cheepo pipe gave (I did a thread somewhere with actual accelerations measured using my GPS for stock, cheepo pipe and Jetpro). I would recommend that if getting a pipe, you save up for a DDM, Jetpro or similar as they are worth the extra money.

You can add extra posts to the plastic radio tray with good results rather than going ally if you want to save some brass.

lol what ya lookin for

Keith will probably make his own all ally & st.stl. 1/1 Porsche 911 then he will sell his design to Porsche and show then a mid engine 911 will actually work!!!! He will retire 'again' and live happily ever after amongst the paradise & palm trees of bury in a white suit drinking martini :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Keith will probably make his own all ally & st.stl. 1/1 Porsche 911 then he will sell his design to Porsche and show then a mid engine 911 will actually work!!!! He will retire 'again' and live happily ever after amongst the paradise & palm trees of bury in a white suit drinking martini :lol::lol::lol::lol:

when did you see me in my white suit :D....i did'nt go the porsche route

but went round the corner off manchester rd to BMW :w00t:

K....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks