FG Mercedes race truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am running stock fg slicks. same compound front and rear. it's all ddm had in stock when I ordered. still all they carry but they worked good so no need to change. funny, I have had a number of road cars and many different tires, and none have handled as well as the truck. I run in dirty old parking lots so get the odd spin hitting dust, but on the same token I have had hot days with good traction and been up on 2 wheels going around corners ... man I love that look... and fedex has all my stuff on the truck. sucks I have to go to work right now. my semi hubcaps are in that order. I have waited over 2 years to get a complete set with the center plugs

I have to meet with a dealership manager tomorrow before we go parking lot bashing. I've been sub contracting work from them the last couple weeks. they are offering me a full time position with a good benefits package. I am getting older... they just need to bring the dollar amount up a bit. I can do 4 time the cars their kids do (proven that allready hehe) and the ones I do sell. they are losing their detailer for 3 months and trying to save some money hiring me. they won't save too much though, and I need at least 2 weeks to catch up on cash work... love my cash work... and what would I do with all the friggin equipment? If I sold it all I could fit another 8 5th scales in here though hehe

trucks are 535 wb and don't see why not. it's a touring car with bigger tires. aside from my funky jet pro pipe, I could toss the semi on the nutech right now... all my goodies were sitting on the kitchen table when I got home from the days work...

Hey Pete, do the hubcaps screw on from inside the rim?... no instructions and I found 10 screws and 5 holes inside per hubcap so assumed that anyway. I haven't pulled a wheel off yet to see

trucks are 535 wb and don't see why not. it's a touring car with bigger tires. aside from my funky jet pro pipe, I could toss the semi on the nutech right now... all my goodies were sitting on the kitchen table when I got home from the days work...

Hey Pete, do the hubcaps screw on from inside the rim?... no instructions and I found 10 screws and 5 holes inside per hubcap so assumed that anyway. I haven't pulled a wheel off yet to see

Yeah, they screw on from the inside, glad to see your wheels are now complete.

One question I have for you is what kind of pipe are you running? Mine still has the original stock can but I would like to get a tuned pipe for it, kinda would like a Samba but they are hard to locate in the states, guess I'll have to go overseas. Any suggestions?

I got mine on. saw the dimples inside when I took off a wheel. was a no brainer. 1/8 drill bit. getting the screws in was fun, needle nose pliers....

if you want a samba 4 and aren't in a hurry, and would like a deal. I have one on my truck. as soon as the nutech is setup I am sending the truck to Dino at Jet Pro to make some pipes. He'll use the plateform to make a number of on road pipes but I am getting a tuned set of stacks... you might want to wait and see what they look like :D . I have no idea of cost. to save shipping we are going to meet at the border. either way. the pipe had a small leak on the bottom when I got it of rcu. I had a muffler shop tig the hole up and it's been fine. it was a pinhole and I cleaned the pipe before I installed it and was running water through the pipe to wash the last bit out and saw this dribble... ahh that explains the staining... I traded the use of my ozone machine so cost me nothing to fix it. I think I paid $100 for the pipe

DSCI0001-7.jpg

DSCI0001-4.jpg

Man I tell you what, your rig is looking good, lovin the Samba pipe, I would be interested in it if someday you decide to sell it. I've heard about the stacks for exhaust but never seen them, I think it would look cool if it actually worked liked a tuned exhaust, keep me posted on that.

One other thing, I noticed you got a grab handle on yours, did it come like that or did you install that? That would be quite handy.

Last edited:
I saw the idea of the grab handle on a uk forum. found that one on ebay for cheap. it makes it so easy to carry the truck around... and after today running the gt5r with the new tires, I am ready to get the semi to Dino. I think it outhandles my truck now :O (I know it does, I could barely get it to spin out on wet pavement)

Whats the technical term for that handle or a part number so I can keep my eyes open, that would make it so convienent.

guys love the trucks one day but sadly nowere realy big enougth to run them here ive got a set of truck slicks for my beetle for when i do go on road there wicked just like pipe says good grip mental looking when they hit the dust mine pick up all sorts of crap when on the dirty track once warmed up top trucks dudes one day i will get one il have the fg cat one in standard colours please

it was home made. I had to drill and countersink holes in my chassis to fit it. I was going to make one but this went for something like $5 or $10 so I just bought it.

cyclops on the forum here was going to make me one at one point. he lives in Ontario, though if you can find something that'll take a bolt and a way to bend it...

I just got tired of carrying mine from under the chassis. now I can pick it up one handed. it's a little nose heavy where I placed it but oh well. I can carry radio and gas can in the other hand now

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks