fg monster beetle upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garethw1986

hi ive just got a tatty looking beetle cheap and its a good car, just needs a clean,few dog bones and a new shell, whats the best upgrades for these ? are alloy arms and hubs ect essential ? will i need a wheelie bar? cheers::cool:

hi ive just got a tatty looking beetle cheap and its a good car, just needs a clean,few dog bones and a new shell, whats the best upgrades for these ? are alloy arms and hubs ect essential ? will i need a wheelie bar? cheers::cool:

Get some pics up! Ally arms & hubs are not essential as the FG plastics are very hard wearing provided you carry out routine maintenance after each run & make sure everything is tight. It wont need a wheelie bar unless its up on its back wheels every 2 mins. If it is you may want to up the gearing to keep the front end down rather than adding the bar.

Not sure what you have fitted but a few upgrades that will help to start with are:
Remote kill switch such as Killer Bee
Decent air filter (std FG or HPI are prob best)
Decent servos esp throttle / brake
Layshaft tuning brake & front cables or hydros
Tuned pipe
Ally radio tray or extra post mod to plastic tray will stop flex under braking
Ally shocks

Get some pics up! Ally arms & hubs are not essential as the FG plastics are very hard wearing provided you carry out routine maintenance after each run & make sure everything is tight. It wont need a wheelie bar unless its up on its back wheels every 2 mins. If it is you may want to up the gearing to keep the front end down rather than adding the bar.

Not sure what you have fitted but a few upgrades that will help to start with are:
Remote kill switch such as Killer Bee
Decent air filter (std FG or HPI are prob best)
Decent servos esp throttle / brake
Layshaft tuning brake & front cables or hydros
Tuned pipe
Ally radio tray or extra post mod to plastic tray will stop flex under braking
Ally shocks

+1 on all of that.
I would consider the alloy diff mount - many mention the plastic mounts can flex, permitting poor meshing of the spur/pinion, resulting in replacements required quite quickly.
My MT's a tad OTT, but does get bashed and rolled - not too much, and comes back for more without problems.
Al.

Thanks for reply I'll get some pics up soon, what gears should it run with monster wheels? It's running 16, 48 gears at the min cheers

16/48 is stock gearing but you can up that to 18/46 with stock engine & pipe without losing too much acceleration. A tuned pipe will wake it up big time & you could even go to 20/44 with a decent pipe.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks