Fg monster truck brake struggle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timetoshine

Hi guys,

Im having a hard time adjusting the brakes on my fg monster truck. Can someone show me a video on how to do it or have tips to help me ?

IMG_3255.jpeg

IMG_3253.jpeg

as clubin said, pics are usefull fella (y),
if i had to guess i would say if its the stock single brake it is locking on,
if thats the case then its probably the two cap head screws fg use as the brake cam, they wear a bit then over rotate and lock everything up,
new screws fitted into the brake bar usually fixes the issue (y)

as clubin said, pics are usefull fella (y),
if i had to guess i would say if its the stock single brake it is locking on,
if thats the case then its probably the two cap head screws fg use as the brake cam, they wear a bit then over rotate and lock everything up,
new screws fitted into the brake bar usually fixes the issue (y)
Hey guys, thanks for the tips. Here’s my brake set up now not working. Something obvious I am missing ?

IMG_3759.jpeg

IMG_3757.jpeg

IMG_3758.jpeg

IMG_3756.jpeg

somethings wrong with yer brake setup fella,
i'll dig mine out and post some pics of how it should be (y),
might be a while cos its in bits and packed away :LOL:

edit, heres a few pics fella (y) ,

sommat went wrong, i'll try and upload em again in a fresh unedited post (y)

Last edited:
somethings wrong with yer brake setup fella,
i'll dig mine out and post some pics of how it should be (y),
might be a while cos its in bits and packed away :LOL:

edit, heres a few pics fella (y) ,

sommat went wrong, i'll try and upload em again in a fresh unedited post (y)

Wow super nice ! Thanks for the help it’s much appreciated.

Ive try many things but still not working. Anyone have a video of it with transmitter just braking and giving throttle so I can see how it should normaly act. thanks :)

Wow super nice ! Thanks for the help it’s much appreciated.
you're welcome fella (y),

i notice in your pics that somethings not right though,
you need to take the brake apart, it looks like there is a piece of flat metal between the steel brake pads that shouldnt be there,
also it looks like your brake rotor is up against the brake/spur gear housing and isnt on the brake square of the shaft,
the rotor goes between the steel pads which in turn keeps it on the brake square,
it just needs taking apart and reassembling the right way(y),
plus if there is an extra piece of metal there then that needs removing,

Stock brakes on the FG monsters/marder are poor at best buddy, This is because of a couple of factors:

Stock Plastic Radio Tray - Flexes under stress, when you apply brake the stock plastic tray bends, so your losing a lot of braking torque due to this flex in the tray, a common upgrade is an Alloy Radio Tray to replace the stock plastic one, this is a pretty cheap upgrade but essential.

The other option is an upgraded Alloy Layshaft brake, again the stock one isn't great as its plastic, but there is an upgrade option of a full alloy setup which makes the brake more reliable/solid and uses a metal pad instead of a fibre one. BUT, you need to have the alloy gear carrier as the stock plastic one doesn't have the mounting points for the alloy upgrade.

Finally, what servo are you using for your Throttle/Brake, you want one with around 10kg Torque.

If your still not happy with the brake, then you still have another option with Front Disc Brakes, this is also the best option imo, as it makes the braking 10x better than just the stock layshaft brake. Available in Hydro or Mechanical, personally I've always used the Mechanical ones with zero issues as the Hydro ones can be a PITA to fit/setup & maintain, the mechanical ones are reliable/strong & pretty simple to fit. But again, you need to have a decent throttle/brake servo! Price wise You can pickup them up for around £80-100 new ..BUT, as above, you also need to have the alloy uprights as the stock plastic ones don't have the mounting points for the callipers.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks