FG Porsche Hydro Brake Upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rapidrabbit

Hi Guys,

Just had delivered today an excellent set of hydro brakes which I will be fitting to my Sportline 08 911 GT2 over this coming weekend. I will post up some pics of them fitted as soon as it's done! :D

Cheers,

Nigel ;)

Nice one Nigel... can't wait to see the pics... i'm only running disks on mine which do work well, but wouldn't mind knowing if hydros would work any better.

Chris

Just been fitting some new parts to my FG Porsche and have realised I must have longer wishbones????

I have the GT2 bodyshell and the rears are normal offset yet remain flush with the rear wheel arches.............I have some new Widened rear wheels which are still 66mm wide but feature the deeper dish rim and when fitted they are sticking out past the wheel arches?

This does not happen on the GT2 Porsches in the FG catalogues or pictures that I have seen???? Does anyone know if there are shorter rear wishbones and drive shafts just for the GT2 Porsche and if so any idea of the dimensions or part numbers?

Hope someone can shed some light on this little niggle for me.

All the best,

Nigel :)

p.s will get some pics up in a couple of days as I have the hyrdo brakes fitted and alloy rear top arms. ;)

Take a good look at the Hobbythek website for options.
Perhaps search your particular body and see where it gets you. If there's no joy, just e-mail Wolfgang - he's very helpful.

Are they 'seriously sticking out' or 'just looking a bit meaty' but not risking fouling the wheelarch?

Get a couple of photos up anyway.

Al.

Hi guys,

The widened rear wheels are different to the wide rear wheels. I have both types but had a hard time finding the widened versions - I cannot find an outlet that has them for sale anymore??? Managed to get 2 sets of rears from e-bay though so going to keep a set for "BEST" ;-) The difference is that the widened versions feature a deep dish rim for the rear but use a 66mm tyre - the same tyre as the fronts but you get that nice fat deep dish rear rim and a wider offset. The wide versions feature the deep dish rim but are also wider at 77mm I think, and require the wider rear tyres you mentioned which are expensive and not as easy to find.

I have now found out that my drive shafts and lower sus arms are not the narrow versions - so I am now awaiting the narrow drive shafts and lower arms so I can get the correct spacing for my rear rims.

Will try to get some pics up over the weekend ;-)

Cheers,

Nigel

Hi guys,

Here are some pics taken this evening - I still need to work out how I am going to mount the 2 master cylinders for the hydro brakes.......any ideas welcomed ;)

dscf3164q.jpg

dscf3166i.jpg

dscf3176vc.jpg

dscf3168.jpg

dscf3172r.jpg

Pics with the body fitted....................

dscf3179.jpg

dscf3184.jpg

dscf3185.jpg

dscf3187k.jpg

dscf3192.jpg

dscf3191.jpg

dscf3196.jpg

dscf3198n.jpg

Sorry for all the pics guys but hope you enjoy some of them anyway :)

Need to get the narrow rear wishbones and ball drives now so I can mount up my new wheels - should look really nice with the deeper dish rear rims fitted!

I will post some pics up as soon as I get some more progress.....................

If anyone has any pics of their Porsche with hydro's fitted then feel free to post them up......I would love to see how the parts fit together for the master cylinders!

Cheers,

Nigel
:D

That should stop on about a foot of tarmac ! hydros front and rear ! nice looking car. Makes me want some for mine now... are you going to go to any race meetings with it...?

Chris

Thanks for the comments guys, appreciate them. I must admit that I am a big fan of the FG Porsche series of cars - with the short wheelbase chassis I reckon they look very authentic - I also love the 911 full size car but this 1/5 scale is all I can manage to own for the forseeable :D I have some more mods that I would like to carry out so will post up some pics as and when they are fitted.

Chris, I was going to go to the Mendip meeting last weekend but the car is not ready to run yet - still have a couple of jobs to do and parts to add to it. I was hoping I could make the next round though - how about you?? I wouldn't race with the GT2 set up though - I have a 911 GT3 bodyset to go racing with - I will get some pics up of that soon aswell.

Next items to be fitted are some new BBS wheels with deep dish rears which I have painted in a really nice metal look silver - as soon as I can get the narrow lower rear arms and ball drive shafts I will get some pics posted up.

Cheers,

Nigel ;)

Hi Nigel... How's the car going ? i've been to the Mendip track a couple of times with 2 mates, who both have FG 1/5th cars also... amazing fun ! the cars do get a little tatty though when competing against a couple of mates... you always want to be the first round ! and it's even better to overtake !

Chris

Hi Nigel... How's the car going ? i've been to the Mendip track a couple of times with 2 mates, who both have FG 1/5th cars also... amazing fun ! the cars do get a little tatty though when competing against a couple of mates... you always want to be the first round ! and it's even better to overtake !

Chris

Hi Chris,

Not had any time over the past few weeks to get any work done on the Porsche............hope to get some spanner time in a week or so's time so will post up some updates if I get chance.

Hope to get to some of the meets next year and maybe hook up for a bit of a blast! I see you have got yourself a nice two speed gearbox now! Awesome, look forward to hearing how it performes.

All the best,

Nigel ;)

i cant stop looking at this porsche i love it cant wait to get my lwb bmw gtr build going just got hold of a lwb comp chassis got a few other bits sorted going to take a while but looking foward to it

i cant stop looking at this porsche i love it cant wait to get my lwb bmw gtr build going just got hold of a lwb comp chassis got a few other bits sorted going to take a while but looking foward to it

I built my Macca from a mix of Ebay and new. I planned to complete it perhaps for Christmas, but I'm impatient !!! :D:D

Keep us up to date with the build. Do you have the BMW shell yet?
If not, there are a couple of very interesting shells on Fleabay. I've told myself I'm not interested, so I'm handing them over!!
There's a very nice Scooby (expensive as well!!) and a rare F360. F360 decals are on sale at Modelsport.co.uk

Al.

ive only got a chassis lwb comp a carbon radio tray f1 air filter carb the body im not sure its a toss up between the cat truck or the fina bmw gtr im going for a new shell as i never done a large scale shell its going to take me about a year or so im in no hurry most of what im after is always on ebay so it not a problem i want hydros like this porsche all round so that and a new shell is a big part of my budget plus christmas is coming so it will go on hold now till after then i can get on it but a new hand set is calling first so im going to get the speky set with the extra rx one for the bug and one for the on road

Thanks subby. Reason for sale is to help fund my off road interest - recently got a baja and want to concentrate on the off road for a while.

Looking for around £575 for the Porsche as is in pics.

Cheers ;-)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks