FG Sportline 530

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sixleggedoctopus

Hi Everyone. Just got my sport line 530 4wd this week. I am looking to upgrade the brakes. I have looked at the FG tuning brakes for front and rear as well as hydro, I have a few questions.

Looks like I need a third servo for brakes regardless of hydro or cable, where can I get a radio tray to hold the additional servo?

I need to remove the rear brake for either option, does this mean i have to convert to a 2 speed?

Anyway, I am new to all of this, but not new to R/C, any advice is appreciated, thanks.

Are you going with hydros? Would like to see your modifications for reference. Wondering if you have to drill new mounting holes in the chassis.

Forgot to mention that if you go with cables on all 4 wheels then you don't have to install a tray and can go off the single servo. If you like I can send you a picture.

Are you going with hydros? Would like to see your modifications for reference. Wondering if you have to drill new mounting holes in the chassis.

Forgot to mention that if you go with cables on all 4 wheels then you don't have to install a tray and can go off the single servo. If you like I can send you a picture.

So far, no modifications have been made, this thing is fresh from the factory stock. I know with the FG hydros, they require new front upright(alloy) for proper fit. I would love a picture of your setup, I am still on the fence between hydro and cable.

It looks like the factory in the pics,but if you look closely you'll see cables leading to the rear wheels. If I had to do it all over again I would choose hydros like rager33 car that he sold me. Still might. So hoping you do hydros so I can get a guide , but it's expensive.

It looks like the factory in the pics,but if you look closely you'll see cables leading to the rear wheels. If I had to do it all over again I would choose hydros like rager33 car that he sold me. Still might. So hoping you do hydros so I can get a guide , but it's expensive.

I have a radio tray on the way from Germany. If it fits, then I will be able to easily fit up a second servo for braking. From there I will be more inclined to try hydro brakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have to do a little digging to find the part number for the rear brakes. Still wouldn't mind hydros. Though hydraulic brakes can be cost prohibitive. It why this car is taking so long to complete.

Attachments

• IMG_0112.JPG
    IMG_0112.JPG
    178.4 KB · Views: 45
Looks like you have the mecatech twin piston? I know I need a tray for the servo and alloy upright for the hydro brakes.

Here's what I'm hoping for. That your descriptive in your install. That way I can plan an install on the yellow car. The Carbon car is a one off custom build that I can't really copy.

Here's what I'm hoping for. That your descriptive in your install. That way I can plan an install on the yellow car. The Carbon car is a one off custom build that I can't really copy.

I will certainly do a write up, again, as long as I can get my hands on a radio tray, I have no issue going down the "hydro path". It seems to be much harder to find a radio tray for the 530 4wd Sportsline.

You bought the FG through DDM?

How much you paid for it (if you don't mind the question)?

img_1099-jpg.11151

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks