Fg Sprotsline Benz with Samba Pipe 39mph

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidewayzbaja

Soon Ill be looking for more top speed but for now I am stuck at 39mph.I would like more speed
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sNJU_DOv8o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sNJU_DOv8o[/ame]

could always gear it a little taller, however it doesn't sound like the motor is hitting its peak rpm, it sounds a bit lazy. i think somebody mentioned this is another post.

what motor is it, a 23cc or 26cc?

Yeap

I haven't touch the carb needle yet. The motor is a 23cc , now i should mess with the carb and gearing to see what happens:)

Are you racing the car doing the carpark/straight line speed thing?

Is your engine new?

What air filter do you have?

Have you change the piston ring (the first one is always weak and needs changine after an hour or so)

What set up do you have?

Have you got and photos

Just as a comparison, the top european drivers only get up to 45 - 48 mph on the larger main straights (they're not slow round the corners either) and thats with full blown comp cars, years of racing experience & set ups, tuned engines, pipes, clutches and air filters.

Have you change the piston ring (the first one is always weak and needs changine after an hour or so)

What?

I have over 25 gallons on 2 different motors and I'm still on the stock rings... Where are you getting your information?

I have buddies with Zens from the 90's still running stock rings...

Well

Also, what are your needles set at?

I check the needle setting and they were completely off . I gain 9 mph more just by messing with the carb needles . That's what I am talking about.:w00t:

Now I have a big problem wont go straight ,I look's like one of the wheel get's more power than the other :mad:

thats what an open diff does. if you have an adjustable diff thats set to stiff in that situation the car will just spin around. you need to feather the throttle on these things, you can just peg it and go.

What?

I have over 25 gallons on 2 different motors and I'm still on the stock rings... Where are you getting your information?

I have buddies with Zens from the 90's still running stock rings...

From engine tuners and racers alike - aside from the Zenoah rep I met at the distributors some years ago.

To keep the engine at full performance it's recomended to change the ring after every practice day for the competition the day after (most racers do, some don't but not many)

If it runs a 0.7 or 0.8mm piston ring, the first will allways wear quicker as the barrel is microscopicly rough and it wears quicker.
If your into full on racing using a .7 ring then you are advised to change it every 12hrs.
If you don't you end up with piston rock which will wear out the barrel quicker.
Personally I change mine ever six months max.
Nick

Back