FID Racing Dragon Hammer V2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, hardly moves the rig

the DH has a hex on the clutch bell, does anybody know which 17T pinion could fit?

after watching the vid yeh you need to go lower on the pinion for sure micha,
if i were you i'd ditch the DH bell and change out to either a blackbone or losi bell,
i honestly cant remember what bell i have fitted to my DH twin, i think it was a losi 5ive one that i machined to fit (cut down on the shaft ),
or even a vertigo one, do a little research and see what you can make work, thats what i had to do (y),
DH bell has an oddball hex size and i don't think there is anything available from fid for gearing still,
i gave my DH one away to a friend and his mate ran it on a baja , it was a direct fit if i remember right, just trying to give you an idea of what will fit what (y):D,
DGI do some gearing options for the dbxl, as you may know the DH spur is the same fitment as the dbxl ones, so you could go up in size on the spur as well as down in size on the pinion,
i use a 28t losi ( i think) pinion and 57t dgi dbxl spur on the twin , and thats about the max it will take with the obr twin using standard height area rc zero growth truck tyres, so yes you will certainly need to change gearing for the rovan 36 and the big ass tyres,
i know tha doesn't help you size wise , just saying there are options out there to drastically change the DH gearing (y),
bet this gets added to the yeeeees reply to sean, so may be a couple of laughs on that, people wont be laughing at this post if that makes sense :ROFLMAO:,
or maybe they will :LOL:,
Refer to post 69
answered him sean (y)(y)

yep, i got the pinion out and discovered a quad size fitment...

maybe I go to a Vertigo clutchbell and pinions, thanks for the info about the DBXL spur, I don't know what the stock DBXL has
teeth countwise. have a center diff with spur lying around here in the box...

I think I need a new spark. Changed fuel to 1:40 Ultimate 102 octane. needed a while to start the engine, it ran
consistent in idle (minutes) then driving it stalled the first time I breaked (sp? broke?) into a corner...

Last edited:
as far as i can recall and see when looking around micha, the dbxl uses a 61t spur and 20t pinion as stock,
as sean said above, vertigo are better than stock,
and i just looked what i have on mine and its a blackbone bell with 28t blackbone pinion,
(my bell was a 5ivet one cos it was only one available at the time in uk, i remachined the flats further up and shortened the shaft )
so baja and dbxl bells should be a straight swap, with maybe just different bearings needed,
i know that doesn't help you cos gearings going the wrong way for yerself :LOL:,
but you can mix n match parts designed for the dbxl spur/bells and pinions etc,
thats what i had to do to get the gearing much higher,
you just need to work out which combination needed to lower the gearing
DGI and atop rc make gearsets/ pinions and spurs for the dbxl,
you will also need to get or make yer own mesh spacers for under the chassis, or just washer and bolt like a lot of people do,
and you will also need to make a new mesh mount from bell carrier to mesh plate to get yer gear mesh right for the new gears,
or just elongate the hole in the mesh patte to convert it from fixed to adjustable (y)(y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks