Fire Hammer MT Parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Towerhobbies.com still has parts. Probably until next year, but I'm just guessing. Buy as much as you can for backup.

Even if they quit carrying it, I think parts will have to be ordered from Hong Kong (smartech direct) or somewhere else. I know Nutech sells some alloy parts for it as well.

man that sucks oh well if i have to order parts from honk kong i geuss i will
all have to stock up on parts

A few, like the internal differential gears and the large diff gear itself. The arms would probably not work, bulkheads, probably no.

Tower is really going to screw a lot of people when they quit carrying parts for the Firehammer MT.

If you use the large engine mount..it has to be for off/road....you will need to change the clutch housing.....You will need the modified clutch housing...Part number..
FG8345..DDM ..should have them..You need to change to this clutch housing or the
lay shaft will not aling the gear mesh correct....Remember your using Fg Parts....
some will work on the firehammer......The firehammer is a Fg Marder platform......
My firehammer is 90% converted with Fg Parts...........
Just my opinion here.....Slawhammer

there are a couple suppliers in the usa ..you can get the large engine mount from
but they also have to get the from over sea's..like hobby -tech Germany ot from there parts supplier........
in usa...Fg supply.com innovativehobby.com ddm (did have those as well)...
But like I said in above post you need to use the modified clutch housing with the alloy engine mount.....you will not get your layshaft adjustment for the gear mesh..
you have firehammer..going to Fg......you have to use Fg parts to make it work...
as well as the gears are different.....Gear count for Fg is 64 total..pinion & spur...
example:20 tooth pinion 44 tooth spur=64 gear count....Firehammer is 68 gear count...
the teeth on the gears are also cut different...Between Fg & firehammer...
just trying to helpyou out here....slawhammer

Csp..you are correct for the firehammer engine mount...from innovations.co.nz
but it will not work if you use a Fg alloy gear plate#fg7474...you have to use the fg modified cluch housing .....You have to get a Fg alloy engine mount for off/road...
I just went thru all this to make the 2 spd work on the firehammer..cuz every thing is Fg
for parts........I think in the first post he was asking about a Fg engine mount....
.......It is all good..just want to know what he wants to do..so can be directed for the right parts for his firehammer.......God knows they cost enough........slawhammer

ok I im upgradeing some of the worn and broken parts on my fire hammer mt
I im going to get the FG alloy mount and the fg modified cluch housing(i thought you ment that i had to modifie the FG cluch housing so thats why i asked about the other motor mount i didnt know it was called a modified cluch housing sorry about that)
also what to upgrade to steel spur and pinion gears
and i what to upgrade my drive shafts cause my drive shaft cups on the diff are worn badly
thanks guys sorry if you confused you

tower has tons of parts still. I order there all the time. if you change to fg arms they are shorter so you'd need firehammer buggy dogbones. I have been swapping and mixing fg and fh parts a lot. I have fg bulkheads on my fh, the angle is just different and the bumper doesn't bolt to the bulklhead itself. fh uses the fg on road front bulkheads and the spacing for the hinge pins is the same as on road as well. the fg mt upper plate that goes to the steering post will be too short to fit the holes but if you find an on road one it'll be fine.. tanks both line up, motor mounts mentioned above, rear bulkheads are the same, shock towers the same, servo trays are interchangeable, not many differences other than wider arms, longer chassis and dif internals. just have to watch for the motor mount alignment (I have to rip 2 of mine apart right now because I mixed up a couple and things are tight on one and too loose on the other lol).. I have 4 sitting here right now with mixed parts on 3. I like the fh mt arms being wider, even on my fg because it gives more stability and fh parts are way cheaper

If you stick with the stock diff make sure you buy a couple extra cups. They are the weak link and the cups wear badly in the DTX line due to soft metal.

ok thanks
also i got good news i was on my hobby shops wed site and found out that they carry DDM stuff!

firehammer mt youtube video

I see that you have a firehammer mt i have one they are good my is modded check it out on youtube it < 1/5 duratrax firehammer mt vs 1/5 hpi baja> if you want to know more let me know the one that i see is the green one looks good is the yours.

thanks yes it is mine i like it very much the motor is very reliable i have never had any problems with is

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks