Firearms chat thread !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah with the shotgun it's just point in the direction of the intruder and pull the trigger. (y) Definitely something the wife can do. She also loves the .380 and is really accurate with it at the range so we keep it in a safe near the living room so she can have quick access to it if things go wrong and I'm not around.

I've been to a couple home and personal defense instructional classes at my gun club and the general opinion is mixed, LOL . You have to decide what weapon you will be most proficient at in a highly stressed environment. You also need to access your specific home layout and research wall penetration scenarios. I have a small ranch with cheap walls and projectiles passing through walls is a major concern, and with this a SG is a better choice for me IMO.

Your very right polar. Since I started working for the township I've gotten to talk about such things with several of our police officers. It has been very enlightening for me and made me realize how underprepared I was. I have a similar set up as your house. Rancher with flimsy walls (prefabricated home) I was running JHP in my rifle and was awakened to the amount of "walls" it took to stop one. That's when I changed over to frangable rounds for my home defense. The last time I had my wife at the range I let her shoot my 12ga and she didnt like the recoil. (Shes 5'4" 98lbs) the 20ga was better but she still wasnt very good with it. She handled the g19 and ar very well. So we've stuck with that set up.

My wife has a Stoeger M3020 in 20ga , nothing fancy, and all's I did for her is shorten the LOP by cutting 3/4" off the stock. My wife is short and "not thin" , LOL she absolutely loves her Stoeger. She shoots will all the guys on Sunday morning trap league and she nails mid to high teens for scores (a perfect score is 25 in trap). She kicks my azz at trap, i suck ! LOL

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks