firehammer buggy engine will not start.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingkong

hi,

I have Firehammer buggy. It was running fine then the engine just stop . Now, I could not get the engine to start anymore. I have tried to remove the spark plug to get the gas out( thinking to much fuel). I notice the wheel spin when I pull on the pull-start. Should the wheel spin when I pull on the pull-start? I think the crutch is not working?? Can someone help me? Thanks,

kong.

From what your saying the rear wheels spins when trying to start correct?
No ...the rear wheels should not spin...sounds like a broken clutch spring....
You will have to remove the exhaust system to get to the clutch Area..Then you will have to remove the gear cover and the 2 gears..pinon small gear on the clutch bell..and the larger gear which is the spur gear....and carrier....You will see 3 cap head bolts...you have to remove them too slide the gear plate off...you will see the clutch shoes behind the clutch bell.......There are 3 spacers behind the gear plate..watch how they come off..2 are the same 1 is shorter.....Hope this helps..Ley us know what you find....Slawhammer

Thank slawhammer,

Yes, the rear wheel spin when I pull on the pull-start. I will take it apart, and I will let you know. Do you know where I can get a new clutch spring and brand name?

Kong.

Last edited:
KK..I forgot to mention,,you also need to take off the wheels on that side,,take the side guard off ..there are 3 screws holding that.....Take the brake rod off...I forgot you have a lay shaft brake..take the rod off the servo & off the post the rod goes thru....
now you will see couple disks..on that block... there are 2 small grub screws think 2mm or 2.5 mm loosen those up ..you will have to slide the brake stuff of with the gear plate...
your you won't get the gear plate off........If you have a broken clutch spring....you can order from DDM..Dave's discount motors...to the right of the forum......Slawhammer

Slawhammer,

Thanks for your instructions. I took the car apart today, and it look like many parts broke.. the Clutch Shoe is broken.. Clutch Bell is broken... the brake is bad. What is a easy way to take the clutch shoe and spring out? the engine keep spinning when i tried to take the clutch shoe and spring out.

kk

Last edited:
Hey KK..I was going to ask about your firehammer....
Well seeing how you do not have a piston stopper..the simple way ...
Remove the spark plug....You need about 12 to 18 inch's of small rope....Shove it in to the spark plug hole...leave about 4 to 6 inch's hang out.......Now bring up the piston untill it stops,,,vola!loosen the bolts on the clutch shoes....There are 2 washers on the clutch shoes...watch how the come off..you will have to reuse them..........
Cloych bell broken you can get that from www.towerhobbies.com item LXHTV7
type that in to the search box...that should give you the clutch bell....
Clutch shoes you can get from DDM...sponser on the right of forum item gt241
spring will come out with the shoes.....Bigger the Better has a easy tutural on how to
get the spring on the clutch shoes......can you put up pictures?
What's with the brake?.....I think maybe you got a rock in the diff gear to do that much damage or the cluth shoes just let go....when putting clutch shoes in turn the piston the other way and tighten the bolts..then take the rope out...Hope this helps
Pictures would be nice to see....Slawhammer

KK. I am not sure about the mount holes for the gas tank....The Friehammer MT
has a square chassie pan..The firehammer buggy has a tayper chassie pan...
I would say if the screw holes don't line up..drill 2 new holes........
I went with a different fuel system.......Good price on the fuel tank..Try it....
Some one else may know on this application......Slawhammer

Slawhammer,

I was able to take the clutch shoe and spring off using the rope in the spark plug. It was very hard to took it out. I have to use a lot of WD40. Pictures of the broken stuff.

17sndz.jpg
2wntwnt.jpg

KK..By looking it the picture...I would say the bearing on the clutch bell froze....
you should get some bearings for that..you will need .. 2 each size are 10x22x7....
they go front & back of gear plate.....Save that spring it still should be ok......
you can always use it.....I have broken 3 springs at the hooks..that go thru the shoe...
....Slawhammer

Slawhammer,

Where can I get the 10x22x7 bearing? I look online and they only have 10x22x6 bearing. I already order the clutch shore and string from DDM. I will order the clutch bell today from tower hobbies.

KingKong.

KK.....the 10X22x6 will be fine....maybe my caliper is off by 1mm.....
you need those bearings any way...best to put new one's in when you put it back together
then you know what you have .....keep your self a note book for a list of parts.& number
and different size bearings used......
so it will be handy for you when you need it for ref.........Slawhammer

thanks Pipeous. I did order the MT tank earlier. Do you know where can I get some 10X22x6 bearing? I just need 1 of it. Tower hobbies will only sell a set of 10. I will try some roller blade bearing that I got at home.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks