firehammer gearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kreb

hey all just need alittle help please. i have a firehammer mt and i need to gear it up. it has a 19t pinion, 48t spur, 16t transfer gear, and a 48t dif gear. does fg refer to the transfer gear as a gear wheel? thats all i can find. it looks like the transfer gear but its called a gear wheel. the odd pinion/spur combo doesn't let me change that ratio but i can gear up on the transfer if those are the same gear.

Bigger.... you are correct on the lay shaft for firehammer MT & buggy being the same....
As for Fg gears most Fg Gears will not work on the firehammer...
The transfer gears 14 & 16 Fg will work on firehammer....19 steel pinion will work...
The gear cut is different on the FG Gears....You will have to use Fg layshaft for the
spur gear changes with a right carrier for the spur gear..........I have switched to all
Fg rear end....I can use all the Fg different gear set ups.......Slawhammer

Last edited:
the 50t will make me slower and i need faster. fg has a gear called the steel gear wheel and it looks the same as the transfer gear. does anybody know if there the same, just called a different name? if so then i can put the 18t on it and it will give me more speed.

If you want to go faster for speed..you will have to go smaller wheel's & tires...
change the clutch bell pinion & spur gear set up......Transfer gear...16
Example: clutch pinion 20 spur gear 42.....that will give you more speed.....
..........Slawhammer.....

yes i know. i have a 19t pinion,48t spur,16t transfer,and a 48t dif gear. i put the fhammer buggy tires on and lost alot of speed. i have an odd pinion and even spur so i'm having a female dog of a time to get a match. fg works with evens. if they have a 21t pinion i'm in buisness, or if there gear wheel as they call it is the same as the fhammer transfer gear then i found a 18t one witch means i'm really in buisness. the only trouble i'm having is finding out if there the same.

What are you using for a exhaust pipe?....I went to baja wheels & hostile at tires
with the stock firehammer gearing like you have I am hitting 45mph....on asphalt
I have a 2spd ready to install....so every thing is changed over to Fg Parts....
Look on e-bay.uk there is a guy that has different gear combo sets....
you may have to check rc-car online...Knowen as hobby tec..in Germany
very expensive on the shipping........Slawhammer
PS......go to e-bay .uk type in item number 160364812307 ask sell if he ship's to usa
I did the work for you.. of finding what you may want....

Last edited:
i'm running a tuned pipe. when i had the truck tires on it hit around 50mph. then i put the buggy tires on and it is slow. the mt tires are 7" and the buggy tires are 6". that 1" made a hell of a difference in slowing it down.

add the pinion and spur teeth together. that is the total number you will need for any combo

19+48=67
20+47
21+46
etc

the stock 60mm spur carrier will do 46-48, otherwise you will need another carrier (I have gotten away with a wrong spur by removing the rubber dampeners and putting the small plastic pegs into other holes on the spurs... flip it over, you'll see what I mean. but the spur will barely squeeze on the carrier. had to do it in a pinch at the track and it worked

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks