First mods for my Zelos twin 36 .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So my first mods for the Zelos are now installed . Swapped out the Spectrum RX for a Futaba so I could use it with my TX. Swapped out my flex drives for Stronger and less troublesome Wire drives and replace the stock Stainless Steel props for a set of Dasboata ABC1716 balanced and sharpened Race props. Now I wait till spring.

Attachments

• IMG_20190223_182247.jpg
    IMG_20190223_182247.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 27
Might as well play and mod while there's still 8+" of ice out on all the ponds ! Those props look trick !

Can't wait to see it in action.
You and me both.

Might as well play and mod while there's still 8+" of ice out on all the ponds ! Those props look trick !

With these props If I can get the boat set up right I should be able to hit somewhere in the 70 to 75mph range .

You and me both.

With these props If I can get the boat set up right I should be able to hit somewhere in the 70 to 75mph range .

Out of curiosity , what size is your boat ? 70+ MPH is REALLY fast, and I don't even want to think what happens if you catch a rogue wave and things go bad....

Out of curiosity , what size is your boat ? 70+ MPH is REALLY fast, and I don't even want to think what happens if you catch a rogue wave and things go bad....

It's 40 inches long including the rudder and almost 13inches wide.

Not my video . The guy driving this boat is the guy that designed these boats . The one he's running in the vid has a lot of mods done to it .

If I were to run a boat where he was I would have hit one of the pilings .

IT FLOATS!!!!!!! And no leaks anywhere. And yes I did fire the motors up in the tub. to check which way the props where spinning. What is it with Futaba. When I hit the gas the props spun up in reverse. When I installed the receiver in my buggy it did the same thing. Granted it's an easy fix in the transmitter menu . But why??? Rubber ducky your the one......

Attachments

• IMG_20190307_164822.jpg
    IMG_20190307_164822.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 7
Not sure yet I'll find out Sunday. Taking it over to the Erie Canal in the next town over 15 mins away. Nice flat water. Finished the recovery boat 20 mins ago and I'm charging the batteries up for it now.

Today was miserable hot when I was scoping locations to run it and then the thunder storms started up . Tomorrow is suppose to be more of the same .

Sunday is going to be awesome . 80's and sunny !

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks