First outing!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voo2doo

In Memoriam
PLUS member
I took the Leopard out today for the first time for its maiden voyage.After wiring the radio and servos with Jackobyte I went out(Jacko had to pick the kids up) It fired third time and was bogging off the line so a tweak here and a tweak there and it was back on track. Oh,I forgot to do the brakes so it was gently does it mode.Anyway,there was little or no oil in the shocks and half way through the run the tyres hooked up,the car went flipping through the air and the air filter cover came off.I didnt realise this till another 10 minutes later! Hmmm,10 minutes of poop through the engine!:nono::nono::nono:
Well,I'm going to refill the shocks tonight and put a standard FG filter on it and should have pics for Saturday to post.
J.

Air filter came off.. OUCH!! Did you scratch the insides? I hope. Happened to me once, and i got lucky.
That leopard is one sweet car.

Chris

Air filter came off.. OUCH!! Did you scratch the insides? I hope. Happened to me once, and i got lucky.
That leopard is one sweet car.

Chris

Looks ok Chris,just had a quick peek inside when I read your post and it look to ne fine........lets see what saturday holds for us!:confused:
J.

Where you in sand? Remember if you where the bottom end holds dirt and will continue to do damage. May need to flush it out to make sure?
Good luck, hopefully nothing got in.

ah, thats good. Hope the best on the motor...
That would scare the heck out of me to see it wide open. Can't imagine the dismay feeling when you saw it. EEK!

Looks ok Chris,just had a quick peek inside when I read your post and it look to ne fine........lets see what saturday holds for us!:confused:
J.

Sorry, I just realized i wrote "I hope" instead of "I hope not"... :rolleyes:

Is there anything you can do to keep it from happening again?

Chris

Sorry, I just realized i wrote "I hope" instead of "I hope not"... :rolleyes:

Is there anything you can do to keep it from happening again?

Chris

Just didnt clip it on(or the other owner didnt) properly Chris.
I have a standard FG one here spare so I might use that instead.
J.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks