Flip paint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voo2doo

In Memoriam
PLUS member
Well I'm just about to start the MT rebuild but cant seem to fing the paint I want.There was a car somewhere on the forum that used flip paint,it looked great but every shop I have phoned doesn't seem to suppy it:no: So is there anyone out there that can help me on my quest for a pink MT in flip?
Cheers dudes.
J.

yol voo, ive been spraying cars for years now, house of color for flip, i did a vw camper in gloss black with a sprizum effect, its like glitter but each particle has multiple side which reflect light and it comes out looking like thousends of l e ds, ive got a pic some where if you wanna see it let us know

Yeah...that's the other paint I was looking for....House of kolor....
great paint..I have used them before....Thanks roofchopper.....for got about them...
Give it a go VooDoo.....Slaw

Thanks dudes,Chop,can you post some pics up? There is one thing though,It's an original FG lexan shell,I thought only polycarb paint would do? As you fellas know these things are pretty expensive and I don't want to mess it up! I have also bought a brand new original FG Pajero shell off Badboy and that needs paint too! I need to know will it react with the lexan or will it chip or crack?
Advise appreciated on this one please.
J.

Hey VooDoo..My beetle shell is lexan .. yeah costly like you say...I have had no issues my self..you can wait to see what roofchopper says.....I wet sanded my shell inside with 800 grit ..the washed & dried....taped out design..Painted...Poloycarb is to be like lexan....
Use a 1 liter clear soda bottle ..cut in 1/2 to work with first..to get the idea......Slaw

I like the Polycarb stuff myself.. Then again I am not a good painter.. I've also used Krylon with no problems.
From what I heard, the cheaper spraypaints don't flex with the polycarb body and will crack.

Chris

They don't Chris,I thought I'd be a smart arse and save when I was painting the beetle but the paint I bought was of inferior quality and it cracked and flaked all over the roof.
J.

Ouch!!! Sorry to hear that mate.
Actually, the stuff i use is called PACTRA and it is especially made for polycarbonate.. Unfortunately they only come in little ass cans..

Chris

VooDoo..so now you sold your airbrush stuff......Oh my to bad just when you need it
most....I have found many use's for my airbrush & mini compressor.........
I will have a look see what i can find in rattle cans....for some splash paint.....Slaw

VooDoo....Let me ask you this....Years back I had custom paint made for me in
aerosol cans..bag cans....Is there any custom paint shops where you live?..automotive paint.....See if you can look at a couple paint chip charts...ask about have a aerosol can
made........You can still get them made..just have to ask........Slaw

Last edited:
I was pleasantly surprised to see how easily the pactra paint goes on. A couple of quick coats and then a nice thick one..

Chris

Well all the airbrush does is apply the paint.....you have done the rest of the work
the design taping......With the airbrush you make minor adjustments for the flow of paint
for the spray pattern and your air pressure use to spray the paint......
I like to use 25 to 30 psi for water base paint.......Automotive paint..I Like 45 to 50 psi
to work with........You use different size needles for the airbrush 2.3.& 5..with the cone
for the needle.....being fine..med..heavy.... for the needle size's....
That is pretty much the basic's............The rattle spray cans are for the most are fine
spray nozzle..................Just my opinion on this....Slaw

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks