FLM or Red Arrow extended arms?

Which set would you buy? Red arrow or Flm?

• Red arrow extended arms

• FLM extended arms

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Red Arrow do look more realistic and are pretty, functionality I would say the FLM for 2 reasons, firstly the adjustability and shock mount position choice and secondly because I just fitted some 5ive shocks to the front of my Baja and some IRC Baja shocks with 5ive spring collar and springs so they match the size of the fronts in terms of spring diameter..it looks really badass with the larger shocks, the 5ive front shocks should give that little extra smoothness to aid with traction on the front and the use of the larger spring collar and coils on the IRC Baja shocksat the rear overall creates a much beefier looking shock and eliminates the spring rub on the IRC shock body...from what I've seen so far there is no way you will fit a spring diameter as large as the 5ive shocks through the control arms of the Red Arrow arms at least at the front. I was surprised just how much bigger an IRC 5ive rear shock spring is than an IRC Baja Rear spring, the difference is huge in person (photos don't do it justice) but luckily I just get away with fitment in the FLM arms. The adjustability has really come in handy not only for the FLM arms but also FLM shock towers in that it not only has enable to fit the bigger shocks without any rubbing but has also allowed both ride height adjustment and extension limit...running the huge ALX dog bones means that the drivecups will want to cut into the lower arms if I allow the suspension to extend too far, the adjustability of the FLM kit has allowed me to find a mounting position that limits extension just before the cups will bottom out on the arms and the shocks will fit.
But yea from a purely aesthetic point of view running standard Baja/IRC shocks the Red Arrows probably do look a little prettier than the more industrial looking FLM arms.
20230314_232329.jpg

Attachments

• 20230314_232405.jpg
    20230314_232405.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230314_232438.jpg
    20230314_232438.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230314_232509.jpg
    20230314_232509.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I’m running irc shocks on the one that’s going to get the red arrow arms. This is going to be fun.
Sorry maybe I worded it bad...the standard Baja IRC big bore shocks will fit the Red Arrows.. mine have been modified in that I bought the IRC big bore shocks for the Baja but have use the IRC 5ive spring collar, retainer and spring..this creates a much girthier shock and eliminates the spring rub. This works because an IRC big bore 5ive shock is the same body width as an IRC Baja big bore shock, just the spring, collar and retainer is bigger and length different. A standard Losi 5ive shock has a bigger body diameter than an IRC big bore 5ive shock but the springs can be used on both due to the collar and retainer.

The Red Arrow do look more realistic and are pretty, functionality I would say the FLM for 2 reasons, firstly the adjustability and shock mount position choice and secondly because I just fitted some 5ive shocks to the front of my Baja and some IRC Baja shocks with 5ive spring collar and springs so they match the size of the fronts in terms of spring diameter..it looks really badass with the larger shocks, the 5ive front shocks should give that little extra smoothness to aid with traction on the front and the use of the larger spring collar and coils on the IRC Baja shocksat the rear overall creates a much beefier looking shock and eliminates the spring rub on the IRC shock body...from what I've seen so far there is no way you will fit a spring diameter as large as the 5ive shocks through the control arms of the Red Arrow arms at least at the front. I was surprised just how much bigger an IRC 5ive rear shock spring is than an IRC Baja Rear spring, the difference is huge in person (photos don't do it justice) but luckily I just get away with fitment in the FLM arms. The adjustability has really come in handy not only for the FLM arms but also FLM shock towers in that it not only has enable to fit the bigger shocks without any rubbing but has also allowed both ride height adjustment and extension limit...running the huge ALX dog bones means that the drivecups will want to cut into the lower arms if I allow the suspension to extend too far, the adjustability of the FLM kit has allowed me to find a mounting position that limits extension just before the cups will bottom out on the arms and the shocks will fit.
But yea from a purely aesthetic point of view running standard Baja/IRC shocks the Red Arrows probably do look a little prettier than the more industrial looking FLM arms.
View attachment 86153
That’s a cool mix of parts.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks