Formula Offroad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevTrem

Spent a few days changing the look of my Tamco X5 buggy. The shell was looking a bit tired from the ESC burning up christmas time, plus i spend a lot of time crashing it.
Anyways I've had in my head for a while to build a Formula Offroad car, they looks nuts and drive up volcano's for fun. So built a cage from 12mm grey nylon rod that's glued and screwed together with 3mm polycarb sheeting screwed onto that. Its rough and ready but I like it and is first attempt at building onto RC chassis.

This is what is was like before mods and fire lol.

20191218_120119.jpg

This is the inspiration

Screenshot_20200516-124138_Chrome.jpg

This is what it currently looks like, needs more stickers and possibly a tidy up, but what RC is ever finished???

20200517_101022.jpg20200517_101029.jpg20200517_101037.jpg20200517_101042.jpg

They need a 1/5 4x4 2 stroke version of that. The engine looks like it would sit right in the cab.

They do make a petrol version of this, known as the FS Buggy. They are copies of the Reely Carbon Fighter.

I will take some pics of the cage another time, I didn't think to take pics as I was going.

K45 - Fenders are next on the list to make, at least for the front anyways.

Had it out for a shakedown yesterday while out for a walk with the family, rolled it a few times, couple of cartwheels and the cage holds up well, no damage except a blown wheel bearing. took about ten mins to sort once back home. Just need to get down the sea front now with the sand dunes.

As requested, here is a pic of the inside of the cage.
20200519_123745.jpg
This is a pic of the car without cage or body.20200519_123739.jpg

Been down the beach today to have a play on the dunes, does as expected and climbs the dunes well, a little momentum is needed initially.
Now need to wait for the winter to see how fun it is on the snow.

Once I work out how I will upload couple videos from the beach.

Spent a few days changing the look of my Tamco X5 buggy. The shell was looking a bit tired from the ESC burning up christmas time, plus i spend a lot of time crashing it.
Anyways I've had in my head for a while to build a Formula Offroad car, they looks nuts and drive up volcano's for fun. So built a cage from 12mm grey nylon rod that's glued and screwed together with 3mm polycarb sheeting screwed onto that. Its rough and ready but I like it and is first attempt at building onto RC chassis.

View attachment 58845

This is the inspiration

View attachment 58847

This is what it currently looks like, needs more stickers and possibly a tidy up, but what RC is ever finished???

View attachment 58848View attachment 58849View attachment 58850View attachment 58851
Sorry guys I know this is an old thread, but iv just gotten mine back out of the loft, I'd converted mine to a 1/5 rally car, with fg wheels....thinking about putting in a max 6 combo now and running 8s lol

View attachment 58845

This is the inspiration

View attachment 58847

View attachment 58848View attachment 58849View attachment 58850View attachment 58851
Dude sorry I know this is an old post, but iv just gotten my x5 back out of the loft, I'd converted mine to a 1/5 Citroën xsara rally car, looking for "inspiration" and came across this, so with yours and mine being converted I had to comment lol, I'm now thinking about putting a max 6 combo in and running 8s

Attachments

• 16684371122458125319920476452344.jpg
    16684371122458125319920476452344.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 4
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks