four shoe teflon clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't see any photo!
4-shoe clutch - excellent.
There are different types.
Bite point is affected by spring strength and with some, screwing in grub screws to change the weight.

Material type can vary as well.

I had white shoes on my 18Kg FG MT, and had to get replacement shoes fairly quickly as I wore them out!
The replacements are more durable - indicated as 'off-road, heavy duty'.

Al.

Am I missing something here?

I know of the following 4 shoe clutches:

Elcon V1 4 shoe
Elcon V2 4 shoe
Lauterbacher 4 shoe
Rovan 4 shoe
Contrast 4 shoe
FG 4 shoe adjustable
FG 4 shoe non adjustable

I've owned 3 teflon clutches in my time and I'm happy to help but the 2nd part of the question "Are they worth it?"!!!!!

It all depends on what your doing with it, what it's going in, what you expect from it how much is it and what one is it?

i have 3 laut 4 shoe clutches sitting on the bench gathering dust...bought em before the ddm 9500 spring came out...when it did i went back to stock clutches
i found lauts springs fade when they get hot so engagement drops to about 7500 from 9k, so do elcon and no doubt rovan...the tourex eats shoes

personally i think, for offroad at least, adjustable clutches are a waste of cash... i should know i've $400+ of em sitting doing nothing

I have the Tourex with aluminum shoes and it works great,have them on my Losi and Toyxc,and so far best clutch i have used so far.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks