Front or rear driveshaft problem in dbxl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a real simple fix to this with out spending a lot of money . I race oval with a G320RC motor race ported on a DBXL. The problem is the drive shafts set a such angle, that the pins create heat which causes the pins to come out. 1. What I did was cut a notch deeper in the pin, so the set screw will turn in deeper. Next use high temp red loctite . 2. and most important put 13/16 spring clamp over the pin. Cut tabs off the clamp after you slip clamp over the pin. 3. install grease in rubber boot. This also works on front cvds. Pins would work there way out and break the end of the axel. I raced a hole season with these mod and never had a problem. You can get spring clamps off E-bay. Make sure you get 13/16 . Sorry I can not post a picture.
The mod I did was on stock parts. This was also done on three other DBXL that I race with and one DBXL-E front cvd's only.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks