Front wheel question .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barber213

I recently purchased some dark soul wheel extenders for my baja 5b . I notice it came with a E clip and a screw with a washer . When i install both , the screw is rubbing against the lower front suspension arm . Should I both ? Or just the E clip . If both …how do i solve the problem of it rubbing ?

IMG_7521.jpeg

IMG_7522.jpeg

you have couple options fella,
1, shim or use a spacer on the outside to pull the e clip line into the inner bearing then just use the bolt and washer,
2, machine the e clip groove off the extender so its flush with the inner bearing and then use the bolt and washer
i machined the groove off mine and did it that way, bolt is always better than the e clip,
bear in mind the screw will probably still rub the a arm on full droop, fit limiting cables/straps and usually it will be fine (y),
swingy p does shock limiting cables in the uk, but straps available as well,

you have couple options fella,
1, shim or use a spacer on the outside to pull the e clip line into the inner bearing then just use the bolt and washer,
2, machine the e clip groove off the extender so its flush with the inner bearing and then use the bolt and washer
i machined the groove off mine and did it that way, bolt is always better than the e clip,
bear in mind the screw will probably still rub the a arm on full droop, fit limiting cables/straps and usually it will be fine (y),
swingy p does shock limiting cables in the uk, but straps available as well,
Thanks 👍🏾

What size shim or washer did you use
? I’m trying to find the right size .
you will have to have a measure and see what ya need fella,
i'd almost put money on it needing a different shim/spacer from left side to right side,
get yerself a pack of shims and go from there i say,
the fast eddy shim packs usually come with 0.3mm and 0.5mm shims so ya can take up the slop without having too much tightness against the bearings,
i'm pretty sure mine needed 1.5mm to 1.75mm taking off (i machined mine down rather than shim it on the outside)
they're all gonna be different from car to car,
have a go and see where ya end up fella, (y)

you will have to have a measure and see what ya need fella,
i'd almost put money on it needing a different shim/spacer from left side to right side,
get yerself a pack of shims and go from there i say,
the fast eddy shim packs usually come with 0.3mm and 0.5mm shims so ya can take up the slop without having too much tightness against the bearings,
i'm pretty sure mine needed 1.5mm to 1.75mm taking off (i machined mine down rather than shim it on the outside)
they're all gonna be different from car to car,
have a go and see where ya end up fella, (y)
Thanks

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks