Fryed clutch anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voo2doo

In Memoriam
PLUS member
As you know we took the cars out the other day (big 'J',Jacko and myself) Things were going good until I decided to do "The ditch" Its a small dryed up stream about 6ft across but the landing is pretty tough if you don't get it right as I found out and blew my spur!:helpsmilie: Anyway,jacko's engine mounts moved so he retired and I borrowed his steel gears.
Things were going good until I done a light jump and the engine cut.So when I tried to re-start it ,it was like the clutch was permanently engaged:confused: so I took it apart today to find the problem and came across this (see pics) The pads had completely came off the shoes but were still intact:eek:
Does anyone know what will cause this? Oh,the clutch is about six years old.
Cheers
J.

VooDoo..I have had the same thing happen....as you know the clutch area gets pretty
hot at times from use...and with rough landings from being air borne a few times......
it can pop loose...I don't know what they use for the bond agent,,to apply the shoe's
to the steel shoe holder........I have had a brand new set of clutch shoes come loose..
on a first time run........Slawhammer
Been thinking of going to the off/road LB clutch with teflon shoe's....

toss some 5 min epoxy on. it's not like it has to be re used. something all shops should have anyway. the helis I bought clutch material seperately. nowadays it's like our clutches but we had to glue them on back in the old days. sand it a bit and glue it. at worst save it as a spare clutch. I am cheap, hate throwing stuff like that away

What surprises me it is that both shoes came right off, not just one. That is very bizarre..I wouldn't re-glue them voo, especially if it is that old..
Gives you an excuse to upgrade now.. ;)

Chris

Use your 2 shoe lut clutch for now....adjust the screws settings in more to open with a
later with higher rpms....The replacement shoes are thing like $20 bucks USD....
that is a good clutch.......I just run my Rc Stuff very hard...95% of the time wot for
the engine I built up....slaw

I run the 4 shoe off road lauts, used high rpm springs before that (hpi and ddm)and when they get hot you get low end bog as the spring becomes softer..it bugged the hell out of me, the laut and elcon adjustables cure that and now my trucks take off like they did with a cold spring...it really makes a huge performance difference...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks