FTX Punisher

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think they're 4x4, what i've seen/heard they look to be of a good build quality. Also think they are better known more on the State Side. :scooter:

try here the punisher is a re-badged nutech thunder bolt ......spares are readily available in the uk now..........i had one for a few weeks nut preferred my harm bx...the punisher is good value for money don't expect to much from the throttle servo its a bit weak....

same as the Nutech TBII, heard allot of good things about them, excellent value for money always comes back, seem to be pretty strong out of the box. they also have a pro version which is all alloy but no engine or electrics. the RTR model comes with a CY26 I believe. Pipeeous has one of these and speaks highly of them.

I've done very little to mine. I bought a pre production unit so had to change a couple things right off. I spent $200 and got 3 alloy dif cases and front cvd's (see how much that will cost with just about any other model). I am still running stock shock oils for that matter and it handles great.

do any rtr's have decent servos? they aren't too bad, better than the pre production ones (I couldn't get my tb2 servos to work at all) but the ones in my gt5r I am using one for my front brakes now with the 2 hitecs

I speak my mind openly about stuff, complained about a few small things (mr nutech will attest to that LOL) but all in all it's a very robust buggy. I nose dived mine in clay and dug a 6 inch hole and nothing happened, chassis is still straight. you do need to get cvd's for the front right away and I personally would like to see them as standard. I've spent more time changing the on road car than the buggy

The difs are a cool idea with the spring load, but am considering trying those technokit difs sharkey posted about. fg and nutech difs are same width, and Moo has put fg internals in a case to try out.

go and ask these guys http://www.freeprawnracing.co.uk/
nigel is the owner and he races the car in the uk brca nationals

thanks for the help.. ive been and seen nige at freeprawn. hes a very nice bloke and very helpfull.

i don't know what to do. sell my fg m/truck for a punisher. when you see the difference between the 2 plus it is 4wd. they come with a 23cc engine..

i love the fg m/t just for its sheer size but when put the punisher next to the fg wheel base is slightly longer on the pubisher and the standard tyres are not that differnt in size.. AAAARRRGGGHHH im torn in 2..lol

also would i get enough money from the fg.. its got adjustable shocks on the front and a chrome jetpro pipe on it..

Last edited:
that is a tough decision. me personally I would keep the MT. nothing handles jumping like the MT. plus the mt sounds like its got some nice upgrades on it. i would try my hardest to get the punisher wihtout selling the MT. even if that means waiting a bit longer to get the punisher.

i think it would be hard to sell the MT as its quite an old design, parts arnt cheap and the fact that allot of people these days are going for 4WD vehicles.

another option would be to get the 4wd conversion for your fg. you'd end up with some extra bits incl a chassis to either build another or sell.

nutech is really becoming a force to reckon with. it is a big rc. and you can get the wide version too. I think the next runs will come with a 26 like in north america (just ask cml for a 26 version or get a roller and drop your own power plant in

if you do sell the fg you'd be better to part it out as you'd make more money, just a bigger hassle shipping parts around

agree parting it out would be a much better option but more work.

id certainly try my best to keep the MT though, and get the punisher when u got the funds. there's no better basher, in my opinion anyway, than the MT.

plus having a spare car is always good if you wreck something, no rush to get it going again, always got a spare to have some fun with while you wait for funds or parts. if that makes sense.

That's the truth. Spare car is the way to go.

i done that a few years back.

i had me 1st m/t and fg leopard with full alloy. i trashed that aswell..lol. i was then stuck with 2 cars worth approx £1600 and no go go..

i only want one large scale but it must be a good reliable basher.. i will go with a new alloy diff case and gears remove 1 shock from each corner as at the mo. it is that stiff i can hardly compress the truck..

yeah and thats fair enough. funny you should mention that though coz on weekend i broke both my MT and baja! but pinched some stuff off the MT and got the baja going so all sweet.

i think you will like the punisher but at the same time miss the MT.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks