Fuel/petrol additive to make gas not smell?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
quite a few of the nitro guys were using that smelly crap. I hate it. makes my eyes burn and clogs the throat... you can keep it. only smells when the thing is burning so unless you plan on running it in the house it won't help much

I just plug the breather line with a bolt to stop the smell

Just a word of caution on static electricity and gas. Most houses are full of static electricity. This is why my gas cars/planes will always been locked in a detached brick garage we have.

[YOUTUBE]1tYO4jvnJHw[/YOUTUBE]

Note: Not trying to be negative to anyone who does, just saying it is only proper make sure we know the concerns. A guy at work's house burned down recently but his family made it out alive. He found out how much you have to go through to prove it was not neglect. Check your local laws, I know in my area it is illegal to store gas in apartments and you are also not allowed to have propane tanks on your balconies due to the risks.

i friend of mine had a bottle of the stuff, said it was safe for gas, alcohol, ethanol, nitro, and any other fuel. we dumped it into his kerosene heater in his shop, the shop smelled like cherry for weeks lol.

I'd advide very stongly against keeping Nitro in the house.
In Jan 2009 I was getting horrendous headaches and having issues with concentration and mental agility. the Doc suggested it may be the nitro fuel as I was keeping the car on a shelf in teh bedroom. Just 2 days after putting the car in a big sealed plastic box the symptoms went away.
Looking the fuel up on wikipedia also shows it's nasty stuff even in small quantities if it gets in to you.

As for my gasser, I just make sure any mud is dry, then put a bin bag over the back end, seems to keep the smell at bay.

I appreciate all of the comments made.
I've a nitro, a petrol and 3 LiPo trucks, in the house!
I'm most wary of the LiPo than the fuel!!
In the little '3rd bedroom' where the main trucks are, I keep the window very slightly open.

I've never had a lipo go up. they only have problems when improperly charged or if using an unregulated power source. I have a 2s looks like a banana, crashed helis and squashed lipos, punctured them. had a lipo fly out of a crashing airplane.

I raced one indoor nitro race, was sick for 3 days and would never do it again

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks