Fuelie 30cc engine break in oil ratio??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteolheadz100

What type of 2-stroke oil are you guys using to break in new engines and also what is the ratio for breaking in some guys say 32:1 some guys say 25 to 1?

I assume pennzoil petroleum based 2 cycle should work, i haven't got the truck will come in tomorrow but i want to have everything ready, the redcat gas engine manual online states for breakin use 20:1 then after breakin go to 25:1 does this sound right?

25:1 Premium synthetic oil. Maxima castor 927, or klotz techniplate. low rpm for 2 tanks.Vary the rpm don't hold wide open at all. Its gonna take some tuning, the engine will loosen up. Been doing offroad 1/5 scale for 10 years. Fail-proof After break-in don't go more than 28:1

What type of 2-stroke oil are you guys using to break in new engines and also what is the ratio for breaking in some guys say 32:1 some guys say 25 to 1?
I would break it in at 25:1, I use royal purple HP 2C two stroke oil. Than run it at 28:1. You need the oil in the fuel to lubricate the cylinder and break in the engine with heat cycles. If you use 32:1 your engines life expectancy will be shortened but it will scream. These parameters are for a stock engine

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks