Futaba 7PXR w six channel Rx?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickDizzle

Isaiah 41:10
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
What up guys! I am trying to wrap me head round this and being that you can't reach anyone by phone at Futaba, been playing Service Request tag making it hard. I have a 7PXR coming for my Raminator. My 4PM is awesome but didnt have the channel capability I needed for some stuff I want to do to the Raminator. I am going to use a R2006GS receiver to get the channels I need. Futaba is telling me:

"You can use up to six channels with the 7PXR and the R2006GS.
You will ONLY be able to use S-FHSS in analog mode to make this happen."

Can someone walk me through what the difference is in running it as analog vs digital and what I am losing or may have issues with?

Also is there a receiver that I can run digital and keep all 6 channels?

Thanks for helping an old timer out w new technology lol!

First congrats on a great radio. And screw analog. You want digital. There used to be a list on futabas sight for compatible recievers. I'll have to dig to see what all will work. It may end up being an 8 channel reciever. Give me some time here to dig and see if I can find it.

Thanks dude. Really big thanks to @niz55 for taking care of a fellow member! Yeah I don't want to mess with analog. Ill gladly buy another receiver to get full digital. Sorry for having to post and ask here for help, Futaba's service responses are slow and only via their forms...so I cant easily ask follow up questions. What I am planning on doing is going to rear steer on the Raminator, thus I need at least 5 channels. Throttle, steering 1, steering 2, reverse servo engage and engine kill. But if I end up w an 8 channel Rx...don't really care as long as it works. Appreciate the help Sean and no hurry sir!

Guess we thought wrong on John getting the futaba🤦😆
Congrats! awesome controller I have one as well, this is what my 7px says. You have the R with may have a few more features but should still be the same

Attachments

• 20210727_125252.jpg
    20210727_125252.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Guess we thought wrong on John getting the futaba🤦😆
Congrats! awesome controller I have one as well, this is what my 7px says. You have the R with may have a few more features but should still be the same
Yeah I was laughing..was like you guys guessed wrong lol! So as I read that is it saying anything past 4 channels is analog even on thos rx?

Thanks dude. Really big thanks to @niz55 for taking care of a fellow member! Yeah I don't want to mess with analog. Ill gladly buy another receiver to get full digital. Sorry for having to post and ask here for help, Futaba's service responses are slow and only via their forms...so I cant easily ask follow up questions. What I am planning on doing is going to rear steer on the Raminator, thus I need at least 5 channels. Throttle, steering 1, steering 2, reverse servo engage and engine kill. But if I end up w an 8 channel Rx...don't really care as long as it works. Appreciate the help Sean and no hurry sir!
You got a good deal on it! It came with the battery and charger 👍🏼
did he also give you the case for it?

S-FHSS 7ch.
SR means: super response
See this is what confuses me. Im using digital Primal servos for steering and brakes, and digital Savox servos for throttle and reverse. Lol. I would like to run a full digital rx for the 5 channels I need.

Futaba is saying that I can only use analog for S-FHSS with more then 4 channels.

Hmm sorry I'm a little confused😕 I'm not 100% sure. I know the book references the sfhss as a 7ch and compatible. And doesn't say that it limits the channel whether in digital or analog mode in the book
The only thing that looks limited to 4ch is super response mode.

Attachments

• 20210727_133848.jpg
    20210727_133848.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Ok here you go, found the chart. Anything with an x is compatible. I can't find anything hat says after channel x is just analog. May be reciever specific.
Screenshot_20210727-135521_Samsung Internet.jpg
I actually use a 6 channel flight receiver in my 5ive t. Duel antennas and all. It was actually cheaper then a 4 channel receiver.
https://futabausa.com/product-support/receiver-feature-charts/

Futaba tech just emailed me with this:

"The only way you could support that number of controls on the truck, you would need to use S-FHSS.

With S-FHSS analog with 6 channels available.

Unfortunately this would also eliminate the ability to use telemetry as well."

Then this response:

"Well yes of course the R2006GS is capable of S-FHSS.

You would have to go into your transmitter menu an select the S-FHSS mode, and then analog servo.

Page 42 and 54 of the manual show this process, although not DIRECTLY referencing S-FHSS.

For the type of build you are doing, there would no difference IF you could use digital.

Digital allows extremely fast response for racing high speed applications.

As for receivers, the R2008SB would afford you the last (7th) channel if you needed it."

So iI guess at least on the Raminator, I will be running analog. Will this have much impact on my digital servos you guys think?

Last edited:
Were you planning on running the temp sensors and rpm telemetry?...that's the reciever I'm buying for my Outlaw. 6ch. Mine will be for lights
And the fast response is only for servos that have super response or fasst response 👍..not needed with the ram

No sir..no telemetry or anything on the Ram. Just needed the extra channels for rear steer. Sounds like I am set. Thanks for the help fellas!! @PortCityRC anything I should look out for or be aware of with this awesome machine...will be reading the manual tonight.

The charger plugs on the back of the transmitter. When the light turns green charge is complete. Just don't plug it into the headphone jack port.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks