Futaba S3306MG only works at over 6v?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan K.

Hey guys,

so I pulled this Futaba servo out of an old HPI Baja and I'm having some issues. I run a 6V BEC so I can limit the voltage for my receiver, throttle/brake and steering servos. They're all older servos, so I'd like to run 6V. This Futaba S3306MG servo is rated at 6V max. It draws too much current and makes all my electronics run wacky. I pulled it off the car and tested it on the bench. At 6V, it just cuts power to my servo tester as it draws too much current. That would explain what it was doing to my electronics when mounted to the car. So I put a 2S lipo directly to it 7.4V - 8.4V and the servo works like a dream. Loads of torque, super smooth. So what's going on exactly? I don't want to run this thing at 7.4V as that's way over it's max voltage rating. Is the servo fried? There's too much resistance internally or something?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks