G320 Hard to Start Due to Compression?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armman95

So lately I have had trouble starting my engine. I believe its the compression because the pull cord is extremely hard to pull. I took out the spark plug and it was perfectly smooth. But with it in, I cant get a smooth pull. Its clunky and the harder I pull the harder it recoils. I know this cant be right because there is no way that the cord will last with me pulling this hard. Is this normal and I am over analyzing this?

Dear Armman95,
When I change motors to a Zenoah G320 RC I went though 5 pull starters in a short period of time.
I was experiencing vapor lock. I went to a steal braided plastic coated killer cable (Junk), the plastic wore off in spots and the pull start binded up. I purchase $111.00 Turtle pull starter, this could not over come the abrupt stop and the spring broke.
I tried by trial and error on different ways to start the motor.
1. Get a kill switch very important and keep it off (NO SPARK).
2. Pump the fuel bulb until it is almost full.
3. Open the choke and give it one pull.
4. Close choke.
5. Turn on the kill switch for (SPARK).
6. Pull slowly and you will feel it lock, release and pull again and the motor should start.
This works for me, just remember to pull slowly on the first pull.
Good Luck
William E. Burrows Jr.
AKA: Road Reaper

Attachments

• thumb_DSCN1208_1024.jpg
    thumb_DSCN1208_1024.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 19
  • thumb_DSCN1209_1024.jpg
    thumb_DSCN1209_1024.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
So lately I have had trouble starting my engine. I believe its the compression because the pull cord is extremely hard to pull. I took out the spark plug and it was perfectly smooth. But with it in, I cant get a smooth pull. Its clunky and the harder I pull the harder it recoils. I know this cant be right because there is no way that the cord will last with me pulling this hard. Is this normal and I am over analyzing this?
Check simple things first the recoil

I know this is an old thread but what the heck this has just happened to me pull start on obr g340 full mod locked up on me I didn't dare try to pull any harder so I put 3in 1 oil just a few drops I removed the engine removed pull start removed spark plug I was able to turn the fly wheel by hand it was really tight figured I would put everything back together and I had the same problem so I do some Internet google research and someone mentions heat the engine with a heat gun engine started sounded funny for about a minute or so but everything seems to be fine did a couple of heat cycles engine runs smooth now all of this happened after I broke my engine in haven't ran it really hard at all

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks