Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Large Scale RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Large Scale RC!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

G320 w/Turtle Racing

Discussion in 'Large Scale RC Engines and Exhaust' started by omalley72, Apr 13, 2016.

1. omalley72

omalley72 Member

I picked up a G320, TR Clutch housing, TR clutch bell carrier, and TR clutch bell. When all TR parts are installed, the pinion no longer spins freely. It acts as if the clutch was engaged. When I pulled it back a part to see what going on, it looks like the clutch bell is making contact with the outside of the clutch. Any ideas?

2. Revolauncher

Revolauncher Well-Known Member

Call TR. Sounds like the clutch carrier didn't get milled back far enough for that clutch bell.

3. omalley72

omalley72 Member

The only way everything moves freely is if I remove the clutch shoe shim washers. Not sure if it's okay to run like like or if those not being there will cause the shoes to remain open.

4. TODD

TODD Member

Are you using the Cy clutch arbor assembly or did you use the genuine Zenoah one? The CY clutch shoe arbor is longer and will make the shoes collide with the drum.

5. omalley72

omalley72 Member

I'm using the Zenoah clutch assembly. The only items I changed out are the housing, carrier, and bell.

6. William E Burrows Jr

William E Burrows Jr Well-Known Member

Dear Members,
    I upgraded my CY 29cc motor to a Zenoah G320 RC 32cc in my Losi 5ive -T.
    The only issue I had was the stock throttle linkage was to short. The carburetor mounts about a 1/4" further away from the head making the linkage to short. By prepared to adjust your brake linkage and the sub trim and throttle and brake travel. If you watch some Team Eddy tutorials and take your time it is not a big deal. If you are thinking of upgrading motors go all the way and upgrade your clutch to a turtle snapper and buy the 19 tooth pinion gear, you will end up with a real DSCN0888 (1).jpg DSCN0843.jpg DSCN0843.jpg DSCN0888 (1).jpg DSCN0888 (1).jpg DSCN0843.jpg DSCN0843.jpg DSCN0843.jpg DSCN0888 (1).jpg DSCN0888 (1).jpg beast.
    Just something to think about.
    Best Regards,
    William E. Burrows Jr.
    AKA: Road Reaper

WoodiE likes this.