G320RC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, so I bought a brand new Zenoah G320RC and went ahead and swapped out the stock head gasket for the Copper .005 one to run VP 110 Race fuel before I ever started it. The motor will not start at all... I have already checked for spark and fuel, what else should I try??http://www.davesmotors.com/Zenoah-G320RC-Copper-Cylinder-Gasket-15mm-585224801.html
I would say 110 is wayy to much Octane, they say 95+ but I would just run 100, Give 100 a try and see if she runs

Last edited:
Higher octane just gives you a hotter engine. There are no benefits for us. I am switching to alkylate fuel on advice from my racing buddy who use it in all his gas burners. It is more expensive but as the engine runs cooler, cleaner he insists that there is a tradeoff in less wear and tear that makes it less expensive in the long run. Not less expensive than regular gas tho. There is no calculation where that all add up but more and more both racers and bashers here swear by it and all talk about less replaced engines, and engine bits. Never having to clean the engine unless you are in spring clean mode and wants to. You no longer need to. It may be all mind fudgery but it also feels like it packs more of a punch and you can get it premixed at 2-4% with quality 2 stroke oil and my chosen brand (Aspen) even has a racing line of fuel which I am going to try out next.

Higher octane just gives you a hotter engine. There are no benefits for us. I am switching to alkylate fuel on advice from my racing buddy who use it in all his gas burners. It is more expensive but as the engine runs cooler, cleaner he insists that there is a tradeoff in less wear and tear that makes it less expensive in the long run. Not less expensive than regular gas tho. There is no calculation where that all add up but more and more both racers and bashers here swear by it and all talk about less replaced engines, and engine bits. Never having to clean the engine unless you are in spring clean mode and wants to. You no longer need to. It may be all mind fudgery but it also feels like it packs more of a punch and you can get it premixed at 2-4% with quality 2 stroke oil and my chosen brand (Aspen) even has a racing line of fuel which I am going to try out next.
Smells good too no toxic fumes here
32eb4c7e5b1c19737c4a90b54d1e8c93.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I wonder if your fuel quality I'd lower than what we have in the states. With a good quality synthetic oil and pump gas I've had very little carbon issues with my two stroke engines. Now I've worked on other people's engines that are all carboned up. I normally assume crazy old gas and the cheapest walmart oil that can be had. Lots of ring seizures on exhaust side....some people just don't care what they run. Read the manuals you'll be hard pressed to find a two stroke manufacturer that doesn't reccomend either pre mixed fuel or a higher grade pump gas and a good oil.

I wonder if your fuel quality I'd lower than what we have in the states. With a good quality synthetic oil and pump gas I've had very little carbon issues with my two stroke engines. Now I've worked on other people's engines that are all carboned up. I normally assume crazy old gas and the cheapest walmart oil that can be had. Lots of ring seizures on exhaust side....some people just don't care what they run. Read the manuals you'll be hard pressed to find a two stroke manufacturer that doesn't reccomend either pre mixed fuel or a higher grade pump gas and a good oil.
I used to be careless and bought cheap ass oil, it didn't pay off, that's why my 30cc is in a bunch of pieces in a box

The Aspen stuff is good no matter what quality petrol is eventually you will get a build up especially as your burning oil even the dark colour I found but Aspen doesn't even smell when its burning or leave any deposit you can run a full tank indoors and not die of the fumes lol

My experience with higher octane fuel levels comes from ECU re-calibration on road cars.

Id be surprised if there was any benefit in running a higher octane fuel in a 2 stroke lump as there is no form of ignition control (unless you have one of the ECUs where you can advance/retard the timing)
Higher octane fuel has a greater resistance to Detonation/knock, so unless your engine is doing so, a solid 95-99 fuel range would be fine... i would have thought.

*UPDATE ON MY SITUATION—
I have purchased and installed another brand new Zenoah G320RC, I also went back to the expensive $19 a gallon VP SEF 50:1 fuel. The new motor fired up 2nd pull and is running amazing after about 3 tanks now. I am going to pull apart my other Zenoah now and see what the cause of it not running is.

*UPDATE ON MY SITUATION—
I have purchased and installed another brand new Zenoah G320RC, I also went back to the expensive $19 a gallon VP SEF 50:1 fuel. The new motor fired up 2nd pull and is running amazing after about 3 tanks now. I am going to pull apart my other Zenoah now and see what the cause of it not running is.
Are you running at 50:1 or did you add oil?

I ran mine 50:1 when I first used Aspen it ran better than I remember but had to open both needles quite a bit .they claim 50:1 is good for any small engine but the plug was white and dry I had to add 100ml oil and now it's all good

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks