Gas engine mounting diagram?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

machinebike

Does anyone know ehre I could see pics of how the gas engine is mounted in to an RC and how the drive train operates?

Also, if the flywheel can be removed and not used?

the flywheel not only smooths the power delivery you could get away with it if you used drivetrain inertia, but it'd be lumpy and you'd increase the stress on the drivetrain.

it also provides cooling air to the head. if you remove this you must find another way to get either collant (water) or lots of air over the head to prevent it killing itself.

lastly, the flywheel has magnets in it that trigger teh coil to produce the spark. only wat to lose the flywheel is to use an eletronic ignition.

as far as mounting, alot of models use various types. Flat mount with carb in front, flat with carb in rear, low COG (heads tipped far toward front of car.
Baja uses the motor as part of the chassis. ect.....

Thanks......

I think my biggest problem is figuring out how to transfer power from engine.

Its a chainsaw engien, I mounted a 9 tooth sprocket to the clutch but now need to figure out from clutch sprocket to ..............

The machine......

Hers pics....its an XTM frame with CEN wheels and a 33 cc chainsaw engine

Attachments

• RC1.JPG
    RC1.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 14
  • RC2.JPG
    RC2.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 12
  • RC3.JPG
    RC3.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 15
  • RC4.jpg
    RC4.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 17
  • RC5.JPG
    RC5.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 9
Now I see your dilemma.:eek:

Fabe should be able to help you out here. His had another frame on top so he could position the motor.

DSCN0656.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for the pic:phone:, looks like he doubled his frame because of how motor dips with out motor/block mount. I made a block that motor is bolted to, so regular frame is fine, I just need to extend the rear 3 inches for more clearance for flywheel.

What I don't understand is how he has a chain from engine running to the spur gears and if he is able to use two speeds.

If that is why he doubled the frame because of engine dips at the bottom, he could use aluminum squares to raise engine and do away with the double frame.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks