General Cleaning after dirt runs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vinny

Hello, I have been bashing in some serious dry red clay dirt recently on my new Rovan LT 450. , Its a blast, but the beast is sooo dirty every time. The first thing i do is remove the body, wash it with car soap and water. then I use high pressure air to clean all the dirt and dust out of the car. I was just curious what solution you guys recomment to actually spray the inside of the car to remove all the dirt, but at the same time to keep it lubricated and cleaned and rust free. Almost like a gun cleaning CLP spray seams good, Does anyone recommend a certain brand or type if spray cleaner for this. I was thinking brake cleaner might be to harsh for everyday cleanings with all the plastic etc. Thank you for your opinions !!! Also any advise to keep the car cleaner in these conditions would be appreciated , thank you !!!

I use a garden hose, purple power and then an air hose to dry it off. Gets clean enough for me to bring in the house. (If indont have purple power I just grab another degreaser and have at it)

No problems with Simple Green. I've heard Purple Power can be harsh on aluminum parts but if Sean says it's all good so it must be. I've cleaned mine with only SG. If I'm doing a deep wash I remove the radio tray and engine and get at it. If just a good clean after a race or bash with sticky dirt I go the SG foaming crystals. I still cant believe how good the stuff works.

That simple green foaming spray is amazing!!.. It works on aluminum very well. Be very careful on getting it on jewelry or items that are plated or of questionable quality.?
It will eat low quality plated items paint off. I would test a little section of colored parts first.
Better safe then sorry.?
Well if it deanotizes painted aluminum that's a bonus!! ??

I need to clean my truck, ran through some mud and dusty as hell. I did get some simple green crystal foam, not here yet. Do I need cover the exhaust and carb with plastic bag I hear I can hose it down with hose too. I assume I need to cover the motor if do this? I have spektrum servos which are water resistant those need to be covered? Or can I hose the whole thing down.
IMG_2479.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks