General Consensus on the Redcat Rampage XT?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electricrc68

Hey guys. Looking to get back into the RC scene and am thinking of picking up a 1/5 scale at some point in the future again. I used to have a Losi DBXL, and am now looking into getting a Redcat Rampage XT monster truck. Just curious, what is the general consensus on the redcat rampage line of gassers? Are they any good, or should I steer clear?

I've had a few redcat 1/5th...
They were all pretty reliable for me.
Have you looked at the rcmk XCR 1000/1200?
Very nice quality and won't break the bank. I have one currently.

They are designed by the same guy. Both the dbxl and XCR1000/1200. However, the XCR is a bit bigger, build from better parts and packs more grunt is what I hear. Given the choice between the two I would go XCR in a heartbeat.

I have both the DBXL and RCMK.

Just about everything is better on the RCMK. While they look very similar they are actually quite a bit different.

They are designed by the same guy. Both the dbxl and XCR1000/1200. However, the XCR is a bit bigger, build from better parts and packs more grunt is what I hear. Given the choice between the two I would go XCR in a heartbeat.

I have both the dbxl and rcmk...
Just about everything is better on the rcmk...while they look very similar they are actually quite a bit different.

Awesome thanks guys! I'll see if I can get my hands on the RCMK....its a bit more expensive than I'd like, but I'll see. If I was to go with the redcat though, I would be okay with that? Its not going to just blow up on me the moment I start it?

Before you jump on the RCMK, make sure you have a good reliable source for spare parts. I know DDM caries them but I don't know how much or what they actually keep in stock.

The Redcat is not going to burst into flames if that is what you are thinking. If you are comfortable with a wrench then clones can be a fine place to start and then build the truck you want with the clone as a base. If you are noob then don't get a clone/china knockoff. Too much work too many potential issues. It is going to frustrate you eventually. I think RCMK is the best bang for buck atm. High quality build for almost clone money. If it is because you love the truck look, remember that any and all RC's is just a platform. So with RCMK you have a high quality base to put comically big wheels on and a modified truck body if that is where you want to go. don't get a mediocre base just because you like its body more. ;)

edit: Make sure to check out your spare part situation as Whoduh pointed out. This could be an issue as RCMK is not a big brand for cars. (Yet, but if they keep it up like this ,then thats subject to change Ill bet)

I just got into 5th scale myself this year. I bought myself a Rampage XT, have done lots of work to it. My only suggestion is to make sure you go over all nuts and bolts and make sure there all tight here's my before and after of mine.

2017-05-17_20.48.18.jpg

I just got into 5th scale myself this year. I bought myself a rampage xt, have done lots of work to it. My only suggestion is to make sure you go over all nuts and bolts and make sure there all tight here's my before and after of mine.

Wow that is awesome! I think I might go with the Rampage XT. What pipe and wheels/tires are those? Do you like the rampage so far?

There is just no denying that it looks like heaps of good clean entertainment.

One thing though from monstertruck owner to monstertruck owner. These trucks are big, heavy and aggressive, they are not an easy drive and it is an aquired taste. If your heart is into bashing you will love monstertrucks. If you are a racer at heart they will wear on you if it is the only truck in your arsenal. Let us see what you get and keep us updated about what you do to it :)

There is just no denying that it looks like heaps of good clean entertainment.

One thing though from monstertruck owner to monstertruck owner. These trucks are big, heavy and aggressive, they are not an easy drive and it is an aquired taste. If your heart is into bashing you will love monstertrucks. If you are a racer at heart they will wear on you if it is the only truck in your arsenal. Let us see what you get and keep us updated about what you do to it :)

Thanks for the input on monster trucks! I usually do bash, so I prefer the monster truck since they are able to go more places. I'll definitely let you guys know what I decide on getting. :)

Wow that is awesome! I think I might go with the Rampage XT. What pipe and wheels/tires are those? Do you like the rampage so far?
The pipe is a jetpro, tires and wheels are from a king motor short course truck. You have to buy different wheel adapter. 24mm size, I also have a belt drive on it. And baja air filter. I love the truck. Runs great.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks