Genius XR3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this the one on ebay?:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/233768117767

It depends on what you plan to do with the car.
As far as quality goes, both are top tier manufactures.

Genius are more expensive then FG, as they are a lower volume maker and they make customizable cars with high quality components .

They are for serious racers and come with the requisite costs associated with it (on top of those for a FG). If your going to race "Seriously" then consider it or a EVO.
The Genius cars are too expensive of a car just for bashing. (Unless money isn't an is issue.?)
IF your going to race I suggest you find someone at a track and try to test each car your interested in as all cars drive differently.
If you can test drive each to find which one is more suitable to your driving style.

The FG EVO is also a racing rc,they are a little more cost efficient then a Genius and parts are alot easier to find.
Genius are going to cost you more overall as they are more limited in production and tend to be built to the buyers specs.

If you just want to parking lot bash or similar, get a FG sportsline.
FG. Sportsline would be a better choice for that,they are not overly costly for what you get.
You also have several tiers of FG cars to choose from and can upgrade as you wish or as your competition level increases. FG parts are also more available world wide.

This is just a quick reply as we can can get into more specifics if wanted. Im sure a few others might have some opinions also.

(Sorry for errors,my phones started having major issues onsite when trying to reply/spelling/randomly reconfigures and deletes text and saves abruptly without warning.)

Last edited:
Thank you for the detailed reply.

I am a veteran on road racer looking to get back into the hobby. I have a KM buggy for bashing the parking lots. I will be starting in the lowest noob class that the local club has. Which the Sportsline is ok for. But as I progress club members claim the Sportsline just wont be able to hang with the rest of the club which is Mecatechs, and RS5s

So a decent used car looks promising. Yes that is the Genius I am looking at. There is also a couple EVO 2013 on eBay as well. The local club has a RS5 and a Mechatec for sale 1200 for the RS5 roller, and 2200 for the Mechatec no transmitter. So any and all info I can gather on all the chassis is a huge plus.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks